CHAPTER 13 (Regrets)

Is there any day in your life that you regret not doing one thing in the past and if given a chance you go back to change it? As we live our lives we tend to make mistakes, small or big, intentionally or even unintentionally hurt people we care about. And mistakes of doing you wanted to do and end up questioning yourself "what if?".

After many months without contact of glimpse of each other, months without uttering words, months of unanswered questions. Seeing her now felt so much different, she cut her hair short. Her skin glowing with her body still slim is making it hard to hide her baby bump. But as she cries under my embrace makes my heart clench.

"I'm so sorry Lo," she repeatedly says as she buried her head to my shoulder tightening her embrace.

"Shhh, it's okay Luce. Everything's okay now," I reassured rubbing her back to comfort her as much as I can.

It has been unexpected bumping with each other in the mall when Keana and I decided to go shopping. She first saw Keana before she seen me but surprisingly the met up didn't felt awkward til Keana decided to ditch suddenly. We decided to walk to the near park and catch up a little more. When silence between us came, we knew the topic we avoided should be brought up.

"I really don't have explanation to why I suddenly cut you from life. I know I hurt you in the process, I hope you believe me when I say I didn't meant to hurt you, Lo." Lucy muttered under her sobs that lightly subsided.

"I know Luce, I may have a lot of questions on why you choose to avoid me but if you're not yet comfortable on talking about it then I won't force you." I rub her sidearm to comfort her as she leans her head to my shoulder.

We stayed in silence for few minutes waiting for her to relax as we comfortably sits on the bench. It gives me time watching few couples snuggling in the grass and few children running around chased by their parents. Seeing strangers with smiles on their faces makes you realize sometimes that life indeed is wonderful. Even you'll never know if those smiles they extended were true happiness or not, though it makes me think of life I had now is something I should be thankful with.

I felt Lucy pulled away from our embrace as she wipes the strains of tears from face and before she could say a word I spoke up. "So, how long are you now?" I ask as I lightly touch her baby bump and saw her lips curl ups into smile.

"16 weeks now," her smile fades and turns to head looking at the park. "We told our parents just last weekend and you wouldn't want to see how furious Carlos was."

I chuckled picturing how Lucy's dad looks like when they found out, "I could only imagine... So, what's your plan?" I asked and hope Brenth is all in this. "Are you two planning on getting married before the child comes out?"

"Yeah, we set the date already. Dad makes sure we get married before the baby comes cause it'll be more difficult for us to think of marriage if the baby is already there."

"Are you ready for that?" I asked turning my head to look at her.

"It wasn't our plan to have baby yet but now it's here and even inside me is not truly ready I should be." She sighs deeply but I can see in her face that there was no regret but I can see hesitation, insecurities and doubts from her eyes. "I don't know if I'm going to be a good mother, I've made a lot of mistakes in the past and I just-"

"You're going to be a great mother, no doubt about it." I injected giving a light squeeze on her hand rested above her lap. I look at her straight to her eyes with reassuring smile, "you're a great person Luce. You care about people around you, you give light to a room full of darkness by showing you're glorious white teeth."