Chapter 13

Kendall's POV-

It was so unusual being around my newly found brothers. Kyle had gone to work with Brax so i kind of seemed out of place. 'you hungry?' Casey asked from across the room. I was about to answer but Heath cut in (as usual), 'of course shes hungry! lets go to the diner' He demanded. Casey agreed and we drove to the pier, somewhere I'd never been before.

'g'day Irene' Heath greeted the lady behind the counter. 'Hi boys, and who's this?' she said, indicating towards me. Heath and Casey looked each other with a strange expression.i knew what they thinking; "should we tell her?". It made me feel so insecure! 'ahh... this is... umm... our..' Casey struggled. I decided to save him the misery. 'I'm kendall, nice to meet you' I shook her hand. 'Kendall's our sister' Heath said unusually slowly like he was rejecting the phrase. His tone made me feel even worse. Irene kept saying how lovely it was to meet me but I knew she was thinking "what the hell". We sat down at the table an ordered some food. 'sorry about before. I didn't know if we were...' Casey started but I interrupted before he could go any further. 'it's fine, Casey' I say, despite the fact it was a lie. After the meal, when Irene came to us with the bill, I pulled out my wallet ready to pay. 'oi, what do you think your doing?' Heath started, 'no sister of mine is paying for her own lunch, especially when she's unemployed.' I insisted to pay but eventually I gave in. 'hold on, you always make me pay for your lunch!' Casey jokes. 'shut up Case' Heath defends with a laugh.

On our way out, Irene stops me with an offer. 'Hi, Kendall, I overheard Heath saying you needed work. there's a job available here if you want it'. That made my day! I could finally find my feet in the Bay. 'i'd love it! when do I start?' I asked excitedly. She took me behind the counter to show my the ropes.

----------------------------
Hey guys! thanks again for your lovely comments. Home and away comes back tomorrow night for me and I couldn't be more happy :) :) hope you are enjoying my story so far 💙