The Wait

A/N: I do not own anything, Cardfight!! Vanguard belongs to Bushiroad.

Warning/s: Slight OOC Aichi
-

Chapter 1: The Wait
(Aichi's POV)

Looking at the night sky on the streets on overseas, I can't help staring at the beautiful, shimmering stars. It made me smile throughout the whole night, suddenly the event from the past few years struck through my mind...

The Sanctuary... The Link Joker Seed... The Quatre Knights...

and... and...

Kourin...

I could only sigh, I can still remember the time she went away...

'Aichi... I have to go...'

'Kourin-san! Even if your memories of us disappears, it might not be right away... but I'm sure we'll meet again! After all, you're always connected with us!'

With those words, she faded away... I could still see the tears that had stream down her face... and I could only watch as she go, and I... with my pained feelings could only look down and put my hand to my chest... I could only cry as I think about her, and to remember her.

I swear I would wait for her.

I sighed once again as I walked back to my place, and as I do, I met up with Ratie. She was waving at me and I did the same.

"Aichi-kun, is there anything wrong?" Ratie asked, her worried tone rang to my ears. I sadly smiled to her and replied.

"No, there's nothing wrong. It's just..." I trailed off as I thought of Kourin once again.

"Is it... about Kourin?" Ratie stated and looked at me. Yes, she knew about my love for Kourin, and I could only nod.

"Yes..." I said, "I want to see her again... but... even if we did... she... she won't remember..."

"Aichi-kun..." Ratie held my hands and smiled, "It's all right, I know that one day, you two will meet again and she will remember everything about us." She assured.

"Thank you, Ratie..." I replied. And so we went to our own dorms.

-
I was running, running and not stopping. I must be tired, yet I did not stop.
I seemed like I was trying to catch up to someone, but who? I don't know myself.

All of a sudden I saw someone, a woman with long blonde hair walking... I know her... I had to yell, "Kourin-san!"

And the woman glanced at me, yes it's her, it's Kourin... the girl I swear to protect and wait for.

"Aichi," she called on to me and held her arms out.

"Kourin-san!" I approached her but when I was about to hold her...

A light illuminated throughout the whole area...
-
END OF CHAPTER 1