And Still Out of My Reach

-
Chapter 5: And Still Out of My Reach
(Aichi's POV)

It was the day of Ultra Rare's concert. I was about to meet up with Miwa and the others, when I reached the park, we all gathered there.

"So Aichi, you're ready?" Miwa asked me and I nodded.

"Alright! It's time to see Ultra Rare and Kourin-chan!" Morikawa exclaimed happily and we could only sweat drop.

"Hey Aichi!" Naoki called me and I waved at him, "How's it goin'?"

"I'm fine, Naoki-kun. Nice to see you again!" I replied.

"Yosh! Let's go!" Miwa said and we went to the van provided by Shin and it was a good thing we're all legal now to drive the vehicle. I still can't believe how time passed by, back then we were just kids, and now… It's been a long time, hasn't it?

When we were riding the way to the concert venue, I was looking at the sky through the window. I remembered the time when we first went to the beach for our Vanguard training camp, it was years ago…

We finally arrived and that's where I got out from my daydream, we got out from the van and saw that there are so many fans that have come along here. So, we hurriedly got in the line so that we could have our own seats.

And who would've thought that we're going to seat just in front of the stage?

We already sat and what's funny is that Miwa, Izaki and Naoki had to hold Morikawa down because of his fanboying again. Just like before…

Later on, the lights went out and the crowd started to wail when there was a loud bang around the stage.

"Presenting! The famous idol group all over the country! Ultra Rare!!!" The announcer said  and everyone yelled the group's name while I just looked.

"Hello!" Rekka suddenly appeared onstage and spoke, "My little love-love fans! Did you miss me?! Yes?!"

"YEAH!" The fans yelled.

"ARENA!!!" Rekka shouted and the fans wailed once again. "It's me, the love-love Rekka!"

I giggled as I remembered how she used those catchphrases when we were cardfighting before.

"Hi! It's me!" Then, it was Suiko. She walked next to Rekka and smiled, "I'm Suiko, pretty sure you missed me!"

"YES!" Her fans replied.

Suddenly, a certain blonde idol was walking on stage. I saw her, she's just there… Kourin-san…

"Hello everyone, I'm Kourin! It's been a while and I missed you all!" Kourin said as she smiled and waved.

"I… I missed you too…" I muttered under my breath, I looked at Kourin as they started to sing their song.

(A/N: just a note, they were singing Miracle Trigger)

"Aichi? What's wrong?" I hear Naoki called to me, I glanced at him and assured him that I'm fine.

The show kept on going, while I kept on looking at Kourin. It wasn't then I realized that Kourin was about to do her solo song.

"Thank you all for supporting our idol group, and now I have to sing a song that I wrote before. It's about someone falling in love to a place in which she called… her home." Kourin spoke in a soft, yet soothing voice. "I don't actually quite remember why I wrote this song but I do believe that if I sing this all to you, you would find that one place where you could say that place, is your home…"

A home? I looked up and I remembered how Kourin told me that she found her place that she called her home, it was our place… that place full of happiness and light.

"So… this is my song called My Home." Kourin said. The guitar started playing, Kourin sang. And during her song, I've noticed how the lyrics… the lyrics that reminds me of before… when we were together, aiming for the Vanguard High School Tournament. All of those things…

"Kourin-san…" I whispered, "Why… did you have to go…"

Suddenly, I've noticed how, during her song, Kourin and I met each other's eyes. But no… there are so many people and it could be just my imagination. And then, when she walked around and reached her hands out to touch it with her fans' hands. I did the same as I reached my hand out, and fortunately… our hands touch.

It was like I felt her with me again, but she doesn't know me anymore. It hurts. I looked at my hand that she touched and I bit my lower lip.

Yes, she's still here... she's still doing the same as she did before. Yet I'm not with her again, it's not like before. I touched my hands with her, I saw her, she was near me.

But she's still far away, and she's still out of my reach.
-
END OF CHAPTER 5