Chapter 1

AUGUST 24th, 2016 

First last day of school. Senior year of college baby! I've already been here since the beginning of August due to soccer and the soccer team is 1-2-1 and we have another game tomorrow at home against Florida State. 

I've been here at Vanderbilt since my sophomore year when I transferred from the University of Georgia and to be honest all I've wanted to do is find someone to settle down with ever since I got here. 

I'm a Sports Psychologists Major and I already have a job with the Atlanta Braves as soon as I graduate in the spring and I'm super excited. I get to go back to the state of Georgia and be home. 

I know, college is not about finding love but for me, that's all I want to do. I didn't find it at Georgia and I haven't found it the first two years here, I have this last year and I'm praying that I finally find that guy for me.

I really hope that it's a hot baseball player or some type of athlete, that's my type of guy. Me and my roommates had a house on the outskirts of the campus next to some of the baseball guys and let me tell you one of them, god damn. He's a good looking one.

I don't know his name, but I really want to. I only had one class today, which was probably the longest class of my life, it was a 3 hour class and a lab at that and I nearly wanted to kill myself because of how long it was. 

I got changed and walked out of the house and looked over towards the house where that god lived and he was already looking over at our house and I caught his eye. (Outfit in media)

I blushed when he sent me a smile and I returned it and got into my car and went over to the campus. I can't believed he noticed me! It was like the best feeling in the world. 

Oh my god, I'm literally acting a middle school girl when her crush tells her he likes her, except mine just smiled at me. Wow, I'm a love sick puppy and I can't even deal with myself right now. 

I walked into class and sat down towards the back and then I looked when the door opened after I came in and my heart skipped a beat. To make my heart swell even more, he sat next to me and smiled at me, again. I literally can't. 

"I'm Dansby, you are?" He said smiling at me. "Daniella. Nice to meet you." I said smiling back at him. "Oh you live next door to us right? You play soccer?" Didn't think he noticed me and I'm shocked to know that he knew I played soccer. 

"Yes I do and yes I do play soccer and you play baseball, you're kind of good I hear." I said and he laughed. "I mean I don't want to boost my ego, but I guess you could say that." I laughed and then the teacher came in so our conversation came to a quick end, not that I wanted it to anyway. 

3 hours dragged on and by the end I was literally falling asleep. "That class is going to suck this semester." Dansby said as he caught up to me as I was leaving the classroom. I nodded, agreeing with him. 

"Yeah it is, the three hours is what's going to kill me." I said as we walked out to the parking lot. "Where are you from?" He asked. I like how he was trying to get to know me and not just get me in bed, like most guys around here did. 

"Georgia, you?" He smiled when I said Georgia. "Same here." What a small world! "I don't think I've met anyone from Georgia here, it's cool. Where in Georgia?" I asked. "Kennesaw, you?" He said, what a fucking small world. 

"You know, you might think I'm crazy but that's where I'm from too." I said with a laugh. "No way! I honestly don't know how we don't know each other." He said and I shook my head. "What a small world." I said to him as we reached our cars which were conveniently parked next to each other. 

"Well I guess I'll see you around Dansby." I said as I put my stuff in my car. "We're having a party tonight, want to come? You can bring your roommates." He asked. "I'm sure we could grace you with our presence." I said sending him a wink then getting into my car and driving off. 

I got to our house quickly and got in before Dansby came home and tried to flirt with me some more. "GIRLS! HOUSE MEETING!" I yelled as I stepped through the door and they all came downstairs and sat on the couch. 

"We've been invited to a party tonight." I said with a smirk. "Where?" Summer asked me. "Right next door. Dansby Swanson is in my class and he asked me if we wanted to come." I said shrugging my shoulders. 

"You mean THE Dansby Swanson, the shortstop on the baseball team, THE HOT ONE, asked you to come to his party?" Britney asked and I nodded. "The one and only, so what do you guys say?" I asked and they all shook their heads and ran off to start getting ready. 

I looked out the window and saw that Dansby was talking to his roommates and he spotted me through the window and shot me a smile. I sent him one back and went up to my room and started to get ready.

"Aye mami, who you trying to get with tonight?" Summer said as I walked downstairs

"Aye mami, who you trying to get with tonight?" Summer said as I walked downstairs. I laughed and shook my head at her. "You already know who." I said with a wink. "Ooooooh girl, if you get with him, marry him I don't care if the sex is bad, he's just a hot piece of ass to show off." She said.

"You know I'm not like that though." I said putting on some lipgloss. "I know you're not, but if you don't snatch him up, someone else will." She said walking away and I thought about it. 

She was right, he was hot, I knew he won't be single for long or he'll have someone else tomorrow night and forget all about me, but I won't let that happen. Soon enough all the girls were ready and we took pictures before going next door. 

Our first real party of the year and I couldn't be happier. I wasn't a heavy drinker, but I could get drunk if I wanted to. I'm such a bad drunk, like I shouldn't be allowed around alcohol, that's how bad I get. 

But damn, if it allows me to get in bed with Dansby, then so be it. We went over to their house and there was already a lot of people there and I was desperate to find Dansby. I grabbed a drink and started dancing to the loud music that was playing throughout their house. 

Hands found their way around my waist and I looked behind me and was relieved when I saw Dansby. "Glad you could make it." he said in my ear which sent shivers down my spine. 

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." I said turning around to him and grinding on him. He let out a low groan and put his lips to mine. I was shocked at first but hey, I'm kissing the hottest baseball player at Vanderbilt, so I can't complain. 

I got into the kiss and wrapped my arms around his neck. He pulled away and leaned his forehead on mine. "Let's take this upstairs." He said and I could smell the alcohol on his breath, but I didn't care. 

I nodded and let him take me upstairs. He shut his door and locked and and threw me onto the bed and hovered over me. 

"Damn Daniella, I never knew I could feel this way about you, but girl, I've got some bad intentions for you tonight." He said and I smirked. 

"Well Dansby, I can say the same thing about you." I said pulling him down to me and kissing him with everything I had and god damn, I loved every second of it.