Ch 13: Forget

Chapter 13: Tommi's POV

"Tommi, where are you going?" A voice that sounded like Mei-Mei's shouted at me, as I tried to escape the commotion of everything around me.

My head throbbed, a headache about to stir, I could hear the pounding of my heart in my ears, and everything just seemed to go by in slow-motion.

How could I ever do that?

How could I just forget? It was so selfish of me.

The pulse in my head drummed my brain every time I took a step, my thought and emotions starting a nuclear war inside.

Most of the students have already gone out, the rumors probably spreading around like the bubonic plague.

Inhaling deeply I slid down the smooth side of the row of lockers and hugged my knees. My thoughts rumbled inside like an earthquake, I hated it when I thought too much. Thinking is what brings you alive, but too much of it can kill you.

How was I able to let go of everything I cared about, to a person I haven't even known for a year?

I closed my eyes, and inhaled sharply, and blew out air slowly through my nose. Hugging my knees, my thoughts clouded over my head, making me feel gloomy.

I was too caught up in my own world.

I am not a normal teenager whose focus is on boys and prom.

I'm an F-kid, and that's all that I'll ever be. Meaning, I don't have time for shit like that, and Noah should've known better too.

I tried to remind myself that Noah was just another insufferable prick. He's an asshole remember?

He called you a bitch when you first met him.

Yet you were concerned about him getting to bed

He selfishly ate all the breakfast the first day you were here.

But he did make you your own breakfast

He forced you to tell him about your bunny.

and he told you about his books and his wonder of stories in return.

He caused you to leave a bad impression on the first day of school.

He gave you his jacket that day because you were cold.

He embarrassed you intentionally in math class

He bought you your first dress in years that day too

He took you to a party where you could've been arrested.

That was the best night of your life

He made you take care of him when he was drunk.

You willingly took care of him when he was drunk idiot.

He constantly used is body to distract you.

You actually like that shit so shut up.

He made your walls come crashing down.

You needed to do that.

He made you forget about everything.

You needed to do that too.

Trying to ignore my idiot conscience, I tried to think of something else. Anything that would help me jump over this obstacle.

What would my dad think of me right now? Would he be proud that I've been so caught up in my own little world where nothing mattered except for the fact that he was there with me. Would he be proud that I forgot about him? Would he be proud that I forgot about my studies? About where I'd end up? Where I'd go to college?