Chapter 10 - Kiss With A Fist

Here's Chapter 10, the song is 'Kiss With A Fist' by Florence and the Machine.

The picture on the side is Robin

Sorry for any mistakes

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Walking through the halls was the easiest it had been since I started at Mission High School. Noah had left a clear path in his wake, the students had clung to the walls and parted like the Red Sea for Moses. Rushing along I broke into a jog trying to catch up to him, all the time cursing under my breath, wishing and hoping he hadn't done anything stupid before I reached him.

"Shit! Crap! Jesus! No!" Finally reaching the cafeteria  - having rushed from nearly the other end of the school, stumbling down two flights of stairs and taking out a sophomore half the size of me - I skidded to a halt.

Scanning the lunchroom, I eventually spotted Noah storming over to the table where most of the soccer team were sitting.

"What's going on?" Glancing to my left Rae and Robin were standing next to me searching the cafeteria.

"I think Noah's about to try and kill Nick Arnold!" My eyes flicked back to Noah, he was shouting at some guy facing away from me, looking at his clothes and hair I could see it was Nick. My two friends followed the direction I was staring in and gasped.

"Awesome! It's about time someone put him in his place." Robin snickered as we watched on, her in amusement, Rae and me in horror as Noah dragged Nick off the bench by the back of his shirt.

"Shiiitt! What the hell happened, Evie?" Rae looked at me concerned and slightly panicked.

"Well, Nick stopped me before I came into French this morning. He warned me not to date Noah and told me how he'd seen us kiss at the pier, then he basically threatened me to stay away from Noah or he'd make his life a living hell." I couldn't take my eyes off the two guys squaring up to each other.

"Wait you kissed Noah at the pier! How did I not know about this?" Robin asked annoyed she'd missed out on the gossip about my love life.

"You don't take French Robin. So how did Noah find out?" Rae pulled me round to face her, I looked into her eyes quickly then turned my head back to the guys who had now started shoving each other around.

"I was taking your advice and telling Noah we shouldn't hang out anymore and he asked me why now. The whole Nick thing came out and he stormed off down the hall saying he was going . . . to . . . kill him. Excuse me!" The shoving had become a full on scramble, they both had hold of each other and were trying to grapple their opponent to the ground.

"Fight! Fight! Fight!" Everybody in the room crowded in the direction I was hurrying to, they formed a circle obscuring my view. Forcing my way through the gathered students, Noah was straddling Nick on the floor holding his shirt scrunched in his left hand, his right hand pulled back in a fist ready to strike.

"Noah! Don't!" As I shouted both guys looked up at me, when Noah saw my pleading face all his anger and rage subsided, allowing all the tension to leave his body. His fist unclenched and he let go of Nick's shirt leaving it scrunched and creased over his chest.

My blood froze as he leaned down to Nick's face and growled through gritted teeth; " You're not worth it , asshole!" Then he stood up and walked towards me, closing his eyes he shook his whole body trying to clear the remaining adrenaline and tension.

"That's it run off and hide behind your woman!" Nick had got up and dusted himself off, he smirked as his gang gathered behind him. Noah's anger returned flashing dangerously in his eyes, he swiveled back to Nick but he wasn't prepared for the fist that clashed with his jaw.