Chapter 12 - A Close Encounter of the Romantic Kind

Here's Chapter 12, sorry it's taken a while to upload I've had the flu and have not felt well at all.

The song for this chapter is 'Five Years' Time' by Noah and the Whale.

The picture on the right is Nick.

Sorry for any mistakes, I hope you enjoy the chapter.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"I just don't know why you brought my mum into it, you know what she's like. I had a lecture on the way men treated her, over dinner last night; I thought she was never going to let me leave." We were walking down the languages corridor having just finished our French lesson, I'd confronted Rae about what she'd done as soon as we left the classroom.

"I'm sorry, but I thought it was the only way I could yet through to you." She looked at me apologetically, she knew she'd gone too far.

"I know and I understand how you feel about Noah but I've got to work with him for this English project." I sighed standing still and looking at her. "How about if you think Noah and I are getting too close or inappropriate you tell us."

She thought about it for a moment then smiled and nodded, holding her arms out for a hug, she apologised again for what she'd done. I rushed to Biology as she left for US History, the next two hours passed by quickly and it was lunchtime already.

I thought it might be a good idea to warn Noah about the whole situation with Rae, so I grabbed him as he came out of the Calculus classroom behind me.

"I knew you thought I was hot, but am I really this irresistible." I cringed at his words, he hadn't been charming or smarmy since that first night in the coffee house and I thought I might have beaten it out of him. Obviously not!

"You know you say things like that and it reminds me why I hated you. There's something I need to tell you." I glanced around the hallway, it was too busy anyone could overhear us. I pulled his shirt sleeve towards the door closest to us, peering through the window it was empty, so I dragged him inside and closed the door behind me.

When I turned to face him he was right there, his lips on mine, the familiar butterflies started in my stomach and my pulse rate tripled. After a brief moment of oblivious bliss I pushed him away.

"We're not doing this anymore remember. That's what I wanted to talk to you about, Rae is going to stop us if we're getting too close. She's sort of prone to violence, so if we're flirting or kissing just be prepared to get hurt."

He was biting his lip trying not to laugh, making him look incredibly cute, but he wasn't taking in any of my words.

"I'm serious, she took up self-defence classes last year after she got mugged and now she can hit really hard." He took a deep breath and turned serious as my words sunk in but his crooked smile soon returned.

"I believe you. Is that why she took you outside yesterday, to warn you off me?"

"Yes, then she told my mum who gave me the same talk last night when I got home from yours, being late didn't help either." This time he couldn't help it and burst out laughing. I groaned and thumped him on the arm, he just looked at my annoyed face and laughed even harder.

"It's not funny. You weren't the one who had to sit through it. Stop it!" It was no good I could feel the smile spread across my face and soon the laughter followed, we stood for a couple of minutes just laughing at each other.

"You're really cute when you're annoyed you know, you get this little wrinkle between your eyebrows." Reaching his arms around my waist he pulled me tight to him, leaning in for another kiss. I pushed away from his chest before he got too close.