Chapter 4- The Start Of Something New

The walks began to be a daily thing for the past few days. I sneaked out at around 2am and walked around town. I learned about some places that were only open at night, some places that needed employees and I even spotted some places that Jamia would like.

After the day of exploring the beach again, I came back to the hotel at about 5am, at least that was when I checked my phone last before falling asleep that morning.

The outcome of my exploration experiences wasn't very pleasant. I didn't get enough sleep at all and when Jamia chose to wake me up I had to act like I had been present for the whole night. It wasn't easy to prevent myself from yawning to say the least.

I didn't want to go to the walks, to be fair. Every morning at the same time my body would just refuse to sleep. I had to do something to make the time pass.

It wasn't like I did anything bad anyways, they were just innocent walks. LA was beautiful at night, the street lights would light up, casting shadows all over the ground. It was dead silent, only the sound of waves were present. I enjoyed it very much, pretending all my problems had faded forever.

XxX

I woke up naturally this morning. Jamia wasn't present in the spot beside me on the bed. I figured she was in the bathroom so I didn't panic. She must be getting dressed or having a shower,I thought.

The only problem was that when I looked around the room, the door to the bathroom was wide open.

All of Jamia's things were gone, making me worry for real. Where was she? Why did she leave without a word?

I quickly got dressed and headed downstairs, not bothered to tie my shoe laces which was a mistake. I rushed down the stair case a bit too fast and ended up tumbling down. Luckily, no major injuries occurred, just a few bruises.

Gerard was at his front desk, as usual. He was reading a newspaper which I would call quite old-fashioned, but who am I to judge. As soon as he heard me flop down, he out it down and rushed over to me.

"Oh My, Frank are you okay?", was his first response to my mighty fall.

I murmured a "yeah" before getting to my feet with his help. I looked at him for a split second before looking at my legs which felt like jelly.

I'll be fine, I told myself.

"Uh, Gerard, Have you seen Jamia?", I asked quite suddenly and curiously, trying to get answers.

"Uh, Yeah, she left some time ago", he told me persuasively. I couldn't tell why but I didn't fully believe him.

"Oh, yeah, she left this note for you!", He announced, handing me a piece of paper. The hand writing was shaky but it looked like it belonged to Jamia.

Hi Frank,
I had decided I cannot do this anymore. I don't love you and I'm going to stay at a friends house. Don't try to look for me.
Jamia xo

The note was short and simple. It told me that the only person I lived for didn't love me and is moving away. No matter how much it hurts, I chose to respect or wish and not ring her, not just yet. Maybe she'll want to stay friends? I really can't lose her.