Chapter 6

"You're going to check on the Doctor while I try to find this other angel. I'll be really careful, I swear," he added, spying Al's expression of disgust and apprehension. "Got it?"

Al, not used to being ordered around by Sam, slowly nodded, lost in thought. Most of these thoughts concerned his blank memory for the death of Haimund's parents and basically everything on the recording which he had told Gushie to make. He continued to nod as he opened the Imaging Chamber door and sauntered mindlessly through it.

"Admiral? Mr. Calavicci?" Gushie rushed over to Al. He felt unusual; nauseous, but not. Like he had awoken from a strange dream that was horrifying but he couldn't remember any of it. The dream was there, but just out of reach and vading all the more every second. Like some other version of him had died. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, fine," he replied, not looking him in the eye. "Play the recording again. Take notes on what I said. And do you know anyone here who can draw?"

"I can, Admiral," Gushie said.

Al was mildly surprised but he had other things on his mind, so he just said, "Great. Try to draw the thing, whatever it is. See if Ziggy can match it up with anything."

"Will do."

Without another word, Al went back to the Waiting Room. The Doctor seemed okay right now; he was sitting up on the stretcher that was wheeled in for him earlier and was being evaluated by the doctor. She was shining a flashlight into his eyes when he spotted Al.

"Are they alright?" he asked, sounding a bit fearful but calmer than before.

"What? Oh, yeah, they're fine. No, they've got that angel under control- but I do have some bad news," Al reported with a melancholy tone.

"What? No one's hurt?" The Doctor moved the flashlight away from him and looked him in the eye.

"There were three kids that disappear in the original history. Bela and Haimund are already gone and we couldn't help that, I'm sorry, but there's one more kid that goes missing."

"There's something else, too," he stated with confidence.

Al opened his mouth to speak and shut it again. He looked down for few moments then looked at the Doctor. "Yeah, you're right. It's the boy's parents. Apparently.... something got them. I saw it, I think, but-"

"You think?" The Doctor stood up and strode toward him. "What do you mean you think? Is there something wrong?" He seemed angry and concerned at the same time, which seemed very peculiar to Al.

"Yeah, there is something wrong," he said. "We have a recording of me saying some creature fried the kid's parents to dust, but I don't remember it."

"You don't remember it? Why? How could you forget something like that?"

"I don't know, alright? I think I saw it twice, but every time I turned my back, I couldn't remember it! I'm still having a hard time believing it...."

"I've never heard of a monster that can do that!" His eyes were wide in wonder and fear. Al had hoped he had seen these creatures before, relying on it, in fact, so that plan was out of the question.

"Me neither, which is the problem. I said on the recording that it reduced them to dust and I... I watched it happen. I'm almost glad I can't remember it...." His voice trailed off. He cleared is throat before adding, "And there's another weeping angel, we've concluded; the boy's gone and Sam was looking at that one angel the whole time."

"You'd better find it before the sun goes down," he warned. "They can turn off manufactured light of all kinds, so flashlights won't even be useful. Plus, even if you get it looking at itself in a mirror, what happens when it can't see itself anymore? It can move if all natural light is gone."