𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪.

"You're rolling your bike into the room?" I asked Daryl, watching him park his silent bike near the door of the motel. It took up most of the way but at least he was able to keep it hidden. I didn't know how I felt about him doing this with such ease.

"Well, you wanna get spotted?" Was all he said, locking the door and closing the curtains, "we can stay here for a bit." I sighed, kicking off my shoes.

"Lucky for you, you have a bike, huh?" I smiled at him as he took his boots off and vest, "shower?" I offer to him. That took Daryl by surprise. He blossomed bright red at the idea of being naked in the light with me, "you do realize, that if we're doing this," I gestured to us, "that I will see you naked in the light?" Daryl just stayed quiet, flustered as he draped his jacket over the motel chair and sat quietly on the edge of the bed.

"Alright. Well, I'm going to take a shower. When you're ready, you can join me if you'd like." I offer up. I didn't want to chase him off by forcing him into something he didn't want to happen. I sighed, shimmying out of my pants, dropping my shorts, and taking off my shirt before making my way to the bathroom with my bag. It felt like I hadn't brushed my teeth with my own toothbrush in ages. As the water got hot, I brushed my teeth. It felt nice to take care of myself.

"Daryl?" I asked, stepping into the shower. No response. Shrugging, I took my shower alone. Stepping out of the tub, I wrapped myself with the fluffy cotton towel.

"Looking for someone?" I gasped, stopping short as Negan filled the doorway. He blocked me off from escaping him.

"Don't look so surprised, baby. You can't go anywhere without me." He grabbed me by the arm, pulling me into his arms. My heart pounded in my chest like a child caught in a lie as he just held me lovingly.

"N-Negan." I wanted to say more, but my arms wrapped around his body as that smell of his clothes gripped me tight. Reminding me just how much I was in love with the man. Negan chuckled as I buried my face in his chest, holding him closer.

"Miss me, did you?" He kissed the top of my head, "because I missed you." Closing my eyes, I enjoyed the calm before the shit storm that was brewing. I already knew he had something to say about Daryl.

"Come." Negan pulled away from me, draping his arm around my shoulders as he walked me out into the motel room. The only thing in sight was my bag and clothes. Daryl was gone, so was his bike. I wanted to ask, but I didn't want Daryl to get hurt if Negan didn't know I ran off with him.

"Your friend, the little Dixon, he did himself a favor." Negan sits at the edge of the bed, "I didn't really want to hurt him." he had an amused look on his face. The one where he looked so smug because he got his way as usual.

"What did you do?" I get dressed quickly.

"Nothing. I just, told him that if he really loved you, he'd tell me where you were." Negan shrugged, "or I'd deliver his dead body to your doorstep." He looked at me, a frightening glint in those dark eyes. I didn't say anything, which made Negan raise an eyebrow at me. I didn't have anything to say to him. My heart shattered silently. Daryl didn't deserve any of this.

"Nothing to fucking say? Did those fucked up days in the looney bin really affect you?" He chuckled, readjusting his leather jacket over his frame. It was easier to let him think that my days locked in that place silenced me than to tell him that Daryl took effect on who I was, "Well." Negan cleared his throat, standing as I zipped up my bag, "shall we go home?" He held out his hand, giving me that dimpled smile that hit me right in the heart. Home.

Was my home really with Negan?

I smiled at Negan, taking his hand as he grabbed my bag from me. We walked out of the room, towards his truck, "You missed so much while you were away." He helped me into the cab of his truck, waiting for me to buckle myself in before closing the door and getting in on the driver's side, "I mean, on the fucking bright side, I'm glad you were away."

"And why's that?" I demand. Negan scoffed, smiling at me.

"Don't take the shit I say to the heart so fucking fast, Emmett." He started up his truck, reversing out, "at least let me fucking explain myself to you." I rolled my eyes, "as I was fucking saying, I'm glad you were away from me for as long as you were." I stayed quiet.

"Shit got serious. Like, fucking, heart attack serious." He shook his head, driving towards home, "Mark tried to kill me. But that shits old." he shrugged like it was nothing at all to him. He probably had some scars and that's about it. I rolled my eyes.

"Let me guess, they were looking for me because they knew that if they had me, you'd learn your lesson?" I shake my head. People were stupid sometimes, in ways that I really wished I understood why they did the shit they did.

"That, and if they killed you, they knew I'd have nothing left." My heartstrings pulled down into this horrible rock bottom feeling in my stomach. I felt...too guilty for the things I did with Daryl. Like I made the biggest mistake of my life just now.

"What is it?" Negan asked, glancing over at me through the dashboard lights.

"I didn't think I'd feel so bad." I say softly, "I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?" Negan chuckled, it faded into silence instantly, "what did you do?" I knew his expression hardened into madness. I was in for it and I knew that I deserved it all. All the anger, all the hate, all his love.

"Me? Why did you do that to me?" I could feel the tears in my eyes. There was nowhere for either of us to run, "I loved you with all I have. I gave everything to you. Why did you do it?!" Negan didn't look at me. He knew damn well what I was talking about. And he knew I deserved an answer.

"Emmett, I'm sorry. I don't have an answer for you that you're going to like." He sighed, gripping the steering wheel till his knuckles turned white, "I just thought I could get away with it. Especially after we did that thing with Bella."

"I was there. She's my ex-girlfriend, Negan, so I know her. I've slept with her. It was a privilege for you to even have been able to touch her!" I clench my jaw, "you think I would have let you just do that without me in the room?!" I wanted to punch him so hard his head would hit the glass window and knock him out cold. I refrained because he was driving and had his life in my hands once more.

"I said I was fucking sorry! What more do you want from me?!"

"How about someone I can trust for fuck's sake?!" I tried not to raise my voice any more than what it was, "or a boyfriend who's actually happy to have only one woman in his stupid life?" I muttered, folding my arms across my chest.

<1289>