Chapter 11A : The End (Bad Ending)

After so many hours, this stupid plane finally landed. The ride was way bumpier than it was last time... I wonder why...

Eh, doesn't matter. I shot Brad a message saying I had landed and walked over to the baggage claim area. I waited for a minute for the conveyor belt to begin moving, and then I sat and waited for my bag to come by, and I eventually saw it and took hold of it, walking out to find where I left my car.

Before leaving, I checked my messages one more time, Brad hadn't read the messages I sent, neither had anyone else. That's strange, they usually respond at this point. Maybe they just fell asleep. Yeah, I think that's it.

-

I unlocked the front door and took a step into my house, turning the lights on and heading upstairs to unload my suitcase, which took way longer than I had expected. Afterwards, I walked downstairs to see if anyone was online. Everyone was on, except for Brad, and they were all in a channel right now. I clicked on it, said hello into my mic, and had no idea what just happened.

"Shen? Is that you?" Sean asked, his voice shaking. I replied with a quick yes, and asked him what was wrong, then hearing his head drop against his desk. Everyone else was silent, no sounds or anything coming from them, only the static of the mics, and the occasional sniff or two. Being still confused, I looked over to my messages, and got a link to an article published about an hour ago.

-

Oh my god... No...

No....

...

...

Brad...

-

I finished reading it, closed it, and sat there in silence while everyone else did the same. Nobody said anything, they just kept quiet. Everything would stay that way until later when we all left.

-

-

-

-

-1 Month Later-

I was back in Australia, which you would think was a good thing, but it was quite the opposite, having a funeral for a dearly missed person starting right as I arrived, everyone standing with each others, friends and family in each others arms, tears flowing, everyone in the same boat as the other.

The service began, and I wasn't able to take it. I ran out, not being able to control myself, and sat alone, in a corner crying to myself, nothing was alright. And in my head I heard one thing.

-

Shen, don't cry... Go back and be with the ones you need most, and the ones who need you most... Don't cry over me, stay with the others.

"B-Brad?" I choked out, looking up in hope, but realizing all I heard was just in my head. He was gone wasn't he?... He's not coming back...

This pain...

Pain...

Pain...

...

...

...

...

I can't take it anymore.

-

-

-

-

-

News Article :

Local 19 year old suicides after the loss of the one she thought she loved and was going to stick with for years to come dies in a fire, in his home in Australia.

-

-

(There will be a good ending, and another ending to fully wrap this up.)