Chapter Eleven.

Rachel's P.O.V.

I was stood outside early the next morning, dressed in a pair of skinny jeans, a cream colored sweater and a pair of brown ugg boots, my hair was braided messily to the side so that it draped over my shoulder as the backpack I'd brought with me was slung over my shoulders. In it was Hayden's file and some more food and drinks for the trip west.

"The sun will have risen soon" Nicolas said from beside me gazing up at the still dark sky, he had been released from the medical wing after showing signs of a quick recovery from his chest wound caused by the swipe of a Lycan's claws.

"Are your men ready to depart?" he questioned referring to both Adam and Alec who were each busy with their own tasks, Alec carrying the duffle bags out to the front porch while Adam searched the perimeter to make shore that there weren't any other threats nearby before we left for Tyrant territory.

"Just as soon as Adam has finished scouring the No Mans" I confirmed with a sharp nod of my head, eyes glued to the starts glistening in the slowly turning purple and pink night sky as the sun began to rise over the horizon. A fresh layer of snow covered the forest floor, reflecting the early morning light.

"It's a shame to see you go" Nicolas muttered, eyes turning to gaze out onto the forest tree line when the sound of fast approaching paws, beating down onto the earth reached his ears and mine.

"A parting that was bound to come" I said as Adam broke through the tree line, skidding to a stop as snow flew in every direction, shaking his pelt like a lion would its main to get the snow from sticking to his fur.

"Your Royal is quite a rare sight" Nicolas decided to point out as he admired Adam's dominant demeanor, the way the Royal wolf moved with the grace and pride of a pure of blood king. I too found myself gazing upon the chocolate colored wolf with Royal gold markings stretched across his front legs, chest, face and halfway down his back.

"He isn't mine nor do I command him, he simply chooses to obey my word" I explained when a low rumble roared up from Adam's chest at being referred to as someone else's position, Royals were very dominant in the aspect of being owned as a wild pet.

"And how did a Hybrid manage to gain a Royal's obedience?" Nicolas asked, raising a questioning brow as he glanced at me from out of the corner of his eye with curiosity in their depths. I bowed my head to hide my features when I spoke "Submission" was my simple reply as I raised my head to meet with Adam's golden gaze that held the fighting spirit of a warrior wolf.

"I would've assumed so-." Nicolas began, a smirk plastered across his lips as he continued to watch Adam but his words were cut short by someone calling out to us from the front porch "Luna!" turning to look back towards the porch, I found Dustin with a duffle bag in hand making his way down the drive and towards where both Nicolas and I were stood.

"If I may, I wish to accompany you back to Tyrant territory" he said, dropping his bag in order to kneel down before me, bending one knee as he laid an arm over the other with his head bowed down as a sign of both submission and respect.

"Rise" I instructed, looking to Nicolas who was smirking at Dustin as if he knew the guard would want to leave Lacus with me from the very beginning. Dustin did as I said and stood from his knelt position in the snow before me.

"I suspected as much" Nicolas confirmed his suspicions and reached out to clap Dustin on the shoulder, giving it a rough shake as he nodded towards the guard "You have my consent to leave the pack but only on one condition-." Dustin paused in his step, stumbling slightly backwards when Nicolas dropped his hand from the younger wolf's shoulder suddenly.