Chapter Seventeen.

Rachel's P.O.V.

I was close to midday when we stopped to take a break near a running river. I hopped down from Adam's back and knelt down beside the river, cupping the water and sipping it from the palm of my hand. Lisa was now able to get down from Adam on her own and joined me by the water's edge.

"Where are we going?" Lisa asked, sounding more like herself than she had in the past five days. I looked at her as she drank from the river, her dinosaur abandoned at her side.

"We're heading to Brazil" I replied, getting up from the thin blanket of snow and looking at my own reflection in the freezing water. The sun was shining but it was anything but hot.

"Why?" she questioned, wiping her wet hand off on her hoodie. She then took her toy dinosaur names Dingo and clutched it to her "There's a Shaman there that'll bind your soul to mine" I didn't expect her to understand everything but it looked like she was starting to get more curious. I fixed my gaze onto the tree line on the opposite side of the river and noticed something metallic catch the light of the sun.

"Why?" she repeated, getting into a standing position with a small hop as she turned to look at me. She was behaving like a child, asking too many questions and bouncing around energetically "Because it will prevent you from shifting involuntarily again" my eyes never once left the glistening object as Lisa tilted her head curiously to the side, causing her brown curls to splay out over her right shoulder.

"What does involuntaritily mean?" Caine who had been drinking from the river in wolf form stiffened while Adam watched me with an intrigued gaze.

"Be silent" I ordered Lisa, who complied and instantly closed her mouth, turning her head to see what I was looking at. The glistening stopped and it was as if the shard of metal had disappeared.

"We need to move" I instructed, grabbing hold of Lisa's hand and dragging her towards Adam. I helped her onto his back while still staring at the spot where the metal had been before. Caine slowly began to back away from the river as I mounted Adam.

'We're being followed' Caine concluded through the mind link so whoever was following us wouldn't be able to hear. I refrained from nodding in response and instead said "Let's keep moving" I kicked Adam's sides and the wolf took off, running alongside the river. I looked at Caine who instantly followed behind but he kept his eyes on the other side of the river bank.

'They have weapons' I informed Caine since the substance that had reflected the sun was metal and looked like it had been an arrow head, normal Wolves or even Lycans wouldn't be carrying around weaponry.

'Hunters' Caine concluded to which I gave a small nod of my head that would be invisible to the human eye but Caine caught sight of it. We picked up our pace and got lost in the forest, moving further South and heading straight for Mexico City. Caine and I kept mental tabs on where the Hunters were at all times and since they hadn't tried attacking us it was clear that they had other motives. 

I figured that they had overheard my and Lisa's earlier conversation and instead of attacking like they intended, they decided to follow us for the sake of a very powerful Shaman. If the Hunters could get their hands on a Shaman powerful enough to bind two souls then they could easily wipe out the entire Werewolf race from the face of the earth. The fact that they had overheard me had sealed their fate, they would die long before we reached Olinda. We didn't stop when the sun started to set over the horizon and instead kept moving, listening to the faint sound of horse hooves beating down onto the forest floor behind us. We pretended to be oblivious but in truth we weren't and as day turned into night we continued to gain as much information on the Hunters as possible.