Chapter Fifteen.

Rachel's P.O.V.

Adam eventually passed out on the couch in my room, leaving me confined to the small armchair. I slept curled in on myself, knees brought up to my chest and face buried in them while Adam was sprawled out on the couch, snoring loudly. Lisa, even though she has a small frame slept like a starfish with her arms and legs covering the entire surface of the bed. 

It was around four in the morning, still dark out when my body finally decided that it couldn't stand the position anymore and I sat up in the chair, yawning and stretching out my sore muscles by throwing my arms high up above my head. The tension in my skin caused an excruciating pain to course throughout my body, radiating from my chest. I cringed and immediately stopped stretching, instead groaning as I bowed my head and squeezed my eyes shut to try and fight the agony.

"Rachel?" Adam questioned, having been awoken by my moans of pain. I was again curled in on myself with my feet on the floor and my body hunched over to press my chest to my knees.

"I-I need a shot" I managed to get out, reaching a hand out towards the dresser on the other side of the room. Adam sat up straight and looked to where I was motioning. He shot up and hurriedly went over to the pain medication Zander had given me. I watched him pick up the bottle of clear fluid along with a new syringe.

"On a scale from one to ten, how bad is the pain?" Adam asked when another wave of pain vibrated through me. I groaned, clenching my teeth which were starting to elongate and arching my back as my eyes started flickering from blue to red. My hands gripped at the arm of the chair, claws digging into the material.

"A ten then" Adam concluded with a nod of his head. He opened the new syringe and stuck the needle into the clear liquid, sucking it up into the needle until the entire tube of the syringe was full. He then set the bottle of pain medication down and flicked the needle with his fore finger and thumb.

"Where am I supposed to stick this?" if I wasn't in so much pain I would've laughed but I couldn't, instead I let out a pain filled cry and fell forward onto the carpet so that I was on all fours, facing the fireplace. Adam hurried to my side, kneeling down beside me.

"H-Here" I managed to get out, grabbing onto the back of Tate's heart boxers. Adam's jaw clenched when he realised what I was getting at. He wrapped his free arm around my waist and dragged me up of the ground, placing me down on the couch where he'd been sleeping so that I was sitting on my knees, hands gripping the back of the couch. He then tugged the material of my boxers and lacy purple panties to the side so that he could inject me properly. The pain didn't go away for a while and once he was done, I collapsed on the couch, face buried in the back of the couch while my hand clawed at the cushions.

"Thank you" I got out but it sounded muffled since my face was stuffed into the material of the couch. Adam discarded the used needle in the small trash can by the bedroom door and ran a shaky hand through his messy chocolate brown hair. My claws and teeth slowly began retracting and my eyes stopped flickering, settling on my usual crystal blue color.

"I never expected to do that while suffering from a hangover" Adam muttered as the pain slowly started to fade. It was still unbearable but it wasn't as bad as it had been before he'd injected me. I breathed a laugh, shaking my head before raising it to look at him. His eyes were slightly wide from having been startled so early in the morning and his hands were shaking.

"You're the one that decided to get drunk in the first place" I decided to point out, falling back onto the couch so that I was lying on my side, staring at one of the decorative cushions. I felt exhausted and dizzy with a dull ache caressing my skin.

"My head is killing me" Adam mumbled, clutching the sides of his head in between his hands. I raised my hand, gripping at the lining of the couch before pointing in the general direction of the bathroom.