Chapter Nineteen Part One.

Rachel's P.O.V.

When I'd asked Caine about how the smugglers managed to capture a Royal and former Alpha Werewolf he said that they were ambushed. The smugglers used tranquilizers strong enough to put a fully grown male elephant to sleep. The darts were laced with wolf bane which amplified the effects enough to knock even a wolf as big and strong as Adam out cold. 

We kept running, losing track of how many days and nights we'd spent on the run, for fear of being tracked or ambushed again. It was around sunrise when we reached the West Coast, we broke through the tree line, Adam skidding to a stop in the white sand, breathing hard and exhausted from pushing himself beyond his capabilities. Lisa and I got down from his back, she had long since abandoned her toy dinosaur and was back to the Lisa I'd met in Crescent Coast. 

I had explained to her what I was planning on doing and with a lot of persuasion she reluctantly gave in, agreeing to my plans. My boots crunched in the cream coloured sand as I hopped down from Adam's back, crouching low before I made my way towards Caine, tugging the baggage off his back and tossing them carelessly onto the shore. We were all exhausted and didn't care much about anything other than having a decent meal and some much needed rest.

"Isn't it dangerous for you to be lifting heavy objects while pregnant?" Lisa asked, jumping from Caine's back and stumbling slightly before catching herself. Both Caine and Adam disappeared back into the treeline after I'd dug out two pairs of pants and held them out to Caine who took them in his gigantic jaws.

"Werewolf pregnancies differ from human pregnancies-." I began to explain, turning my back to the tree line and started heading towards the water's edge where the waves lapped at the earth like a hungry mutt.

"We're much stronger than humans therefor our pups and bodies are designed to be able to perform difficult tasks like partake in fights when pregnant" Lisa followed to the waves but stopped well out of reach of the water. I bent down as best I could with my bulging stomach and started tugging my boots and socks off, rolling the legs of my skinny jeans up as far as they would allow me to.

"How do your pregnancies work?" Lisa randomly asked, taking my shoes and socks when I held them out to her. I wiggled my toes into the sand and rolled my aching shoulders back as a strong gust of air swept over the ocean and blew my dirty blonde curls back out of my face. The sun was just starting to rise over the horizon, casting the world in its orange glow.

"Generally the same as human pregnancies but instead of nine months, we carry our pups for six-." I said, stepping into the water which would've been icy cold to humans but to Werewolves, the arctic water wouldn't stand a chance against our body heat. The water felt warm against my bare skin.

"Alphas for three" I added, looking down at the foaming water, the smell of salt water overpowering my sense of smell as I raised my hand to cup my seven weeks pregnant belly. Lisa took in a sharp breath at my words.

"But that means-." I cut her off, shooting her a look from over my shoulder and dropping my hand back to my side.

"I have less than five weeks before she'll be born" I concluded with a nod of my head. Lisa held my boots tightly to her chest, processing the new found information as both Adam and Caine stepped out from the forest tree line. Caine went to retrieve the abandoned luggage while Adam took a stand beside Lisa, watching me intently.

"That's so soon-." Lisa trailed off in a mere whisper, eyes staring down at the sand beneath her boot clad feet. I turned to face her, glancing in Adam's direction and remembering his last words 'If you truly loved the first, you wouldn't have fallen in love with the second'

"The sooner she's born the quicker I can deal with Braxton" I declared which had Caine dropping the baggage and looking at me with realization clouding his familiar, fatherly gaze.