ashamed.

I won't apologize for what I'm about to do. I don't expect you to like me after it either, but to be fair, I should have done it a while ago.

I will never work on Dark Stars again. I understand that this sounds harsh to you, or it's just me being irrational, but I'm honestly done.

You guys begged me to update it. I had so many lovely comments saying how much they miss the series and that they wish I hadn't discontinued Dark Stars. I felt really bad, okay? You guys made me feel terrible that I took Dark Stars away from you. I came up with new ideas just so that I could get excited about writing it again, but I don't get the same enthusiasm as I did before.

That's so heartbreaking to me. I hope you know that it was hard for me to rewrite that. I hope you know that I was doing it out of the kindness in my heart, and I hope you know that you totally made me feel useless.

I know Aspects of Hope was stupid and badly written, and that Dark Stars was equally the same. I'm happy that some of you liked it so much, because I certainly didn't.

You all made me feel like I had actual talent. I woke up with your comments and your votes, and it just made me day a hundred times better. I got joy out of writing for you all because I could tell you liked it. Any writer can only hope of getting such a positive reaction.

Most of you probably write yourselves, and I love that such a thing is possible. I love that anybody can just log on and write the day away. It's hard promoting your story, and it took a while until Aspects of Hope actually got recognized.

What I'm saying is, I'm ashamed. I'm not ashamed because of you all. I'm ashamed because I actually thought I was getting somewhere. It turns out that I haven't actually gotten any better. I'm nothing. I'm not an author or anything. I'm just pretending that I can do all of this stuff when it's obvious that I can't.

So I'm done with Dark Stars. It's not going to work, and even though I got the inspiration back to write for you all, it's quite obvious that you don't want it anymore. You made it clear what you think.

I want you all to know that I have loved every moment with you while writing this series. I appreciate your support very much, but it's obvious now that what's done is done. You don't want this anymore so I should just stop trying.

Goodbye,
Mikayla.