// chapter five //

"Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction." - Criss Jami

Chapter 5

SHIELD Hellicarrier, 2012

I couldn't help the panic that ran through my veins at that very moment. It was like jumping off a plane, feeling the wind wiping at your hair as you fall, the uneasy feeling settling in your stomach as you watch the ground coming closer. I felt as if I was suspended in midair. I swayed on the balls of my feet, suddenly feeling light-headed.

Is this really what I want? To hide for the rest of my immortal life? To live in fear of being found and forced to do things I never wanted to do ever since the beginning? Do I really want to release a murderous psychotic god to go and take over the world?

I shook away all of my crazy doubts and glanced up at Loki, who stared at me expectantly. I knew what I had to do, but the panic never went away as I strode over to the closed glass door.

I splayed my fingers on the glass, pressing my palms as I allowed my hands to heat up. I needed to melt this glass in order to get out. And as the temperature of my fire escalated, I could feel the glass weakening.

Soon enough, the glass eroded away so that I could slip through. I took large strides over to the control panel and pressed one of the buttons that opened Loki's cell door.

He had only one leg out of his cell before he stopped. Thor had barged into the vast room, Mjölnir gripped in his giant hand. He stared at Loki, rage quickly filling his eyes.

"No!"

He charged towards Loki, his hammer drawn back over his shoulder. Loki bowed down into a fighting stance, getting ready for Thor's strong impact. Except when Thor went to tackle him back into his cell, Thor went straight through as if Loki was a hologram.

Thor fell into the cell, and Loki reappeared beside me. Thor quickly rose to his feet, letting out a loud cry as he slammed his weapon into the glass. Loki stopped, his hand hovering over another button, one that I did not recognize.

"The humans think us immortal," he said, pausing as a sinister smile was plastered on his lips. "Should we test that?"

A different voice stopped all of us once again. I turned to my right to see Agent Coulson holding a rather large weapon of some sort. He had it poised right at Loki, although I was somewhat also in the shot.

"Move away, please."

Loki stepped away from the panel, and I took a step back with him. I couldn't risk getting shot. I mean, I know I can't exactly die that way, but it can certainly injure me.

"You like this?" Coulson asked Loki, gesturing to the gun in his arms. "We started working on the prototype after you sent the Destroyer. Even I don't know what it does. Wanna find out?"

A loud gasp escaped his lips as Loki appeared behind him, shoving a blade through him. Thor let out a loud cry at the sight, and we all watched the agent fall to the floor.

Loki, who held no remorse for what he just did, walked back over to the panel and hit the button his hand once hovered over. Thor then went tumbling out of the hellicarrier.

Loki looked over at me, silently telling me that it was time to go. But before we could exit the room, Coulson grabbed our attention again.

"You're going to lose."

Loki turned back to the almost dead man, glaring daggers at him. "Am I?"

"It's in your nature," Phil choked on every word, struggling to breathe as he stared up at us with death-filled eyes.

I could feel the bile traveling up my throat. You could see the death taking over his body. It started at his legs and made its way up. And it was inevitable to him.

"You're heroes are scattered, your flying fortress falls from the sky...where is my disadvantage?"

"You lack conviction."

"I don't think I..."

Loki was interrupted by a loud blast that came from Coulson's weapon, and he was thrown back into the wall.

"So that's what it does."

I didn't hesitate to help Loki out of the wall. Wrapping one of my arms around his torso, he let out a groan and threw his arm around my shoulders.

He sent a deathly glare over to Coulson, leaning on me for support as we limped together out into the hall where we met some of his men.

We were led out onto the main deck, but we stopped when we heard a loud gunshot coming from behind us. When I went to glance over my shoulder, Nick Fury stood by the door, loading his shotgun to shoot at us again.

I sped us up, earning a disapproving groan from Loki. Fury shot at us again, this time the bullet ripped through the fabric of my jeans and lodged itself into my calf.

Suppressing the scream of pain that so desperately wanted to slip past my lips, I boarded the quinjet and set Loki down on a chair.

I examined my wound, wincing when my fingers pressed into it. I roughly dug out the bullet, throwing it down onto the floor just as we took off.

"What happened?"

I jumped at the sound of Loki's voice. The concern that laced with his accent made shivers run down my spine. He was now seated next to me, running his fingers over my wound.

I didn't answer his question. He already knew what had happened to me. He muttered foreign words under his breath and I could feel relief where he touched.

"Thanks," I said, realizing that he healed my leg.

He nodded, sitting up straight and flashing me a cheeky grin.

After a few minutes of empty silence, I asked my own question. "Where do you plan on dropping me off?"

Loki stared at me, mischief shining brightly in his blue-green eyes. He smirked, leaning in closer.

"I don't plan on dropping you off anywhere, my dear," he whispered.

I swear that my heart stopped beating.

(A/N: I know this is really short and I'm sorry!

This chapter is dedicated to @LovingTheRealMe because she is such an amazing person and I love to hear what she has to say about my writing. So, thank you so much, my friend!

If you enjoyed this chapter, comment and vote!

Tell me what you thought and tell me if I need to fix anything.

Thank you for reading,

- Mikayla x

(Edited)