part three

_
when hermione appeared in the malfoy family mansion, she couldn't help but take a long look around. last time she was here it was christmas in '99 and, truth be told, it was one of her favourites. but then she remembered the childhood draco had between these walls and it suddenly dimmed her mood. it may have been years since, but it still was hard to believe someone as incredibly strong as draco was hurt in such ways. one could argue that it was the torture he endured that made him the person he is today, and hermione wasn't sure how to feel about that.

hermione turned her attention to draco and, surprisingly, sierra the white tigress. she was shocked the tiger was still breathing as she was pretty old. draco said he got her when he was nine and he's twenty five now.

"hello gorgeous," draco murmured, scratching sierra behind her ear. "missed me?"

sierra purred happily, her tongue sticking out. hermione watched with a small smile. she still remembered when she first met the girl—she nearly pissed herself, but she later understood that sierra was a loyal tiger. she wouldn't hurt anyone unless draco told her to.

"don't just stand there, granger," draco called, walking out the room. "follow me."

hermione raised a eyebrow at draco's back but she followed him, sierra padding after the two. hermione nearly jumped out her skin when sierra brushed up next to her, the tigresses tail curling up in happiness. the albino tiger nudged hermione's hand with her snout.

hermione giggled lightly and petted the tiger. she's so lovely.

"sierra always had a good memory," draco said, picking up what looked like keys out of a small bowl on in side table. "even if it's been over half a decade."

hermione couldn't sense anything bitter or sarcastic in draco's voice but she knew that the implication was there. it almost made her wince.

sierra was still following them. she curled around hermione's legs quickly before padding over to draco, her black and white tail held high in the air as she strutted proudly.

they reached the front door of the manor which confused hermione even more. aren't they supposed to be getting coffee or something? as far as she knew, the manor was isolated in the wiltshite countryside. there were no cities nearby.

draco crouched down and scratched sierra behind her ears. "see you later, sweetheart. the elves will watch you until then, okay? be a good girl."

sierra lapped up the attention before turning away and making her way back far inside the manor. it was a pretty day so she may be on her way to the gardens.

"don't just stand there, granger," draco said, slightly amused. he pulled the doors open and held it open for her. "come on."

hermione rolled her eyes and slipped past him. "we have an important case to work on yet you're taking me on a mini adventure."

he smirked at her and closed the large doors behind him. "sure."

hermione was tempted to role her eyes again but she didn't want to risk her eyes being stuck, so she just huffed and turned away from him. her eyes widened at the sight of a older, fancy and completely black mustang parked not far from the front doors, just around the water fountain.

"is that yours?" hermione asked, gobsmacked.

draco walked past her, the smirk lighting up his face. "whose else would it be?"

hermione gasped at it. she didn't expect draco to willingly embrace the muggle side of life—hell, she figured he'd stay far away from it. or maybe she didn't give it enough thought or him enough credit but either way it was a great shock to see him so familiar with the mustang. he unlocked the car but didn't get in yet, instead he rested folded forearms on the top of the car, leaning forward with a pale eyebrow cocked.