part sixteen

_
one week later

"you know, i'm starting to think everyone likes you more than they like me."

"i can't help that i'm amazing."

hermione scoffed and rolled off the bed, quickly pulling her hair into a loose ponytail. "no, what you are is a conceited prat."

"says a lot about the type you're into then," draco shot back, smirking smugly at her. while hermione set to fixing her side of the bed draco continued to make himself rather comfortable, as if he didn't have packing to finish.

she threw a book at his head—which miraculously missed and hit her nightstand instead. "get up."

"no," he groaned, digging his head into the pillow. "packing can suck my co—"

hermione jumped onto the bed and muffled the rest of the sentence with her pillow. draco's eyes shot open in shock. "shh! teddy's in the next room, you know!"

draco pried the pillow away and tossed it at the door then pulled her so she was straddling him. hermione squealed in shock and tried to push him away but he just held on tighter.

"teddy is seven," draco huffed, smirking up at a clearly flustered hermione. "i started swearing at four, mind you."

hermione rolled her eyes. "thank merlin teddy isn't you, then."

"i know right? such a shame it would be to have two of me. i'd might have to punch myself in the face then."

hermione rolled her eyes again and crossed her arms. "you know, if you want a punch in the face, i'd happily oblige—"

"that's domestic abuse. i'll sue you."

"i'll win the case," hermione laughed, leaning down and giving him a quick peck on the lips. "because i'm, well, me."

"conceit doesn't look good on you, princess. might want to leave that personality aspect to yours truly," draco remarked proudly, grinning at their close proximity. "and maybe you should move before we give teddy quite the earful."

hermione punched his shoulder lightly and pushed herself off of him, grabbing his arm in the process. she tried to drag him out too but he wouldn't budge, leaving hermione to huff over his stupid fucking muscles and bloody inhuman height.

"we have to move you into your new house at some point," hermione grunted, tearing the sheets off of his body. draco groaned at the sudden cold and curled in on himself. "literally, why do you need so much space? i know the new house is not even a a quarter of the size of the manor, but come on. it's just one person."

"what about you?" draco mumbled sleepily. "or anyone who decides that my house is far superior than theirs and wants to spend the night in my care?"

"who would want to?"

"you, of course," draco purred, sending her a quick wink before closing his eyes once again. "i mean, look at this dingy flat. it's the size of my new living room."

"size doesn't matter," hermione huffed, toeing on her slippers.

"i beg to differ. size makes all the difference," draco mumbled flirtatiously, making hermione blush to no ends. dear lord, she had to do something about that dirty mind of his (although she did like it, she hated to admit).

"why are you so horny in the morning?" hermione grumbled, picking up her purple bathrobe. she slipped it on as draco chuckled behind her.