Chapter 2

I hope you guys like it so far!

~Maddy

______________________________

Red groaned as his body hit a cold metal floor, carelessly being thrown into a room by a strong fuzzy creature wearing a tux. He used his arms to prop himself up, watching as the door closed after the monster. He quickly looked at the room around him. All of the walls and flooring were made with bolted metal scraps.

His gaze slowly then looked at his hands as he sifted his body into a more comfortable position. His legs were strait out in front of him while he leaned against on of the metal wall the best he could. He looked at the claws on his fingers, the red glistening from the faint light overhead.

He put his hands done on the concrete and focused on the most important detail about his transformation. A large red tail with red orange spikes rested on his right leg. He ran his hand over the rugged material.

A large squeaking sound filled the room as Ross entered. He wore the same outfit only this time he had a lab coat on and held a clipboard in his hands. "So what's your backstory?" Red asked sarcastically, as the door closed behind him with a loud bang.

Ross smiled, "None of your concerns Vacktor." He said with a small laugh. "Now if you follow directions I can let you out into the facility. Now stand up." He said motioning for him to stand up.

Red grumbled and stood taking a few steps away from the wall. Ross then circled around him, admiring his new features. "Looks like a Dino mutation, though no signs of more animals combined. 'Multi' part of the serum might have failed." Ross mumbled to himself as he took notes.

Red sighed, hopefully it did fail and he was just as 'normal' as any other mutant. "I'm guessing you don't want the spines running along your back huh?" Ross asked, running his hand over the scale.

"No, I don't. I also dont want the tail and the teeth and the fact that I'm stuck down here with a bunch of freaks." Red said calmly. "But that's just me." He said with a shrug.

Ross sighed. "Fine, I can get rid of them so just hold still and don't move." He said as he pulled out another syringe. Red didn't have time to ask questions before Ross stuck the needle into the same place as the other one. He flinched but listened to Ross and stayed still. He felt the scales sink into his skin, causing more blood to drip down his back.

"There." Ross said as he pulled the syringe back. Red let out a deep breath of relief and relaxing slightly.

"Why can't you get rid of everything?" Red asked, knowing that if he had a choice he would have gone back a normal human himself.

"This thing is a one time use. After that your body becomes immune to it, not being able to preform the designated function." Ross said as he took more notes. Red nodded, understanding.

Suddenly in a flash Red was on his back and Ross was in a fighting stance. Red looked around the room and realized that Ross had attacked him. "What was that for asshole?!" Red yelled at him, standing back up.

"Just some tests Red, calm down." He said as he took more notes. "Listen, I need to know what that serum did to you, cause I sure as hell have no idea." He said slipping the clipboard into one of the lab coat pockets.

Many questions bounced in his mind but decided to leave them be. "You're, free to go I guess, but you sure as hell better tell me if anything happens to you." Ross said coldly, fire dancing in his eyes. The squirrel then opened the large metal door. "Basher here will be your guide throughout the facility." He said, closing the door and referring to the male next to him.  The door closed behind them with a bang, leaving the metal room behind.