Chapter 8

This chapter is all over the place. Sorry about that I was just kinda writing today for fun. But I hope you guys enjoy thus all the same.

~Maddy 

__________

Barney ran his fingers through his hair as Ross checked on Red. He currently paced back and fourth, already telling Ross about Pink.

"Barney it wasn't your fault." Ross said as he grabbed a knife and cut Reds shirt in half, making the cloth fall off his body.

The male sighed in defeat, walking up to the two. Red was laying on a metal table Ross had in his lab. While Barney was bringing the small male to Ross, he had ended up passing out.

The squirrel the wrapped some white bandages around Reds stomach. Barney watched him before something else caught his attention. "Apple?"

The pirate male looked toward the entrance and saw the little apple standing there, worry covering his face. Barney let out a small smile and bent down, holding out a hand. The fruit was hesitant but walked up to the male, twisting the little branches around his flesh.

"Red?" Apple said looking around. Barneys eyes widened slightly, sadness seeping through him. He then carefully lifted Apple up and set him on the table.

Ross came up next to the dino, a disgusted look on his face. "The escaped experiment." He mumbled before checking Red's pulse. Apple walked up to Red and touched his face lightly with his hand.

Red didn't move which made Apple grab the shirt fabric that was laying on the table, and laid down next to him, using the cloth as a pillow/ blanket. Barney smiled at the care and connection the two had together.

"Why didn't you kill that thing?" Ross asked harshly as he grabbed his clipboard.

"Because, it's his. . . sidekick, partner, companion. He likes him and I won't take that away from him." He calmly stated. He heard Ross hum with a little laughter in his voice.

Barney turned and looked towards him, confused. Ross's smile only grew. "Either someone is affected by the smells or you have a thing for Red." Barney stayed silent, he glared at the squirrel then looked at Red who shifted slightly. "I've seen the same thing with Squid and Stampy, I just never thought you would be affected so soon. After all we've been through." The last sentence drooped the cheery mood, making the room grow still.

"Yeah, what we've been through. . ." Barney said coldly, remembering the times when the facility was first up and running. Red shifted once more, making the mood fade away.

"I'll leave you two to talk." Ross said as he walked out, his tail swinging side to side before he was engulfed in darkness.

Barney sighed as he watched Red. He noticed all the small little details in his face that final stood out to him. The light freckles, the way his hair fell, the small creases that showed he smiled a lot. He moved slightly before he slowly opened his eyes.

Red looked down and found Apple alseep near his stomach that was now patched up. Questions ran through his mind about the bandages but he only smiled and twirled his finger around the little leaf on Apples head. His gaze then shifted to Barney and his smile faded and his eyes lost the soft brown color.

"I'm not even gonna ask anymore cause at this point I don't think you'll be able to stay out of my life huh? Either by fate or by choice. . ." He simply stated. Barney stiffened as Red said this.

"Its not your choice. . ." He said softly, turning his head to look at Ross's lab setup and refusing to look at the ginger.

"Then who the fuck gets to make the fuckin decisions?" Red snapped at that male as he sat up on the table, his eyes on fire. Barney gripped the edge of the metal table, locking gazes with the younger male.