Chapter 11

We sat around the table, and I looked at the two men in front of me expectantly.

"Did you find anything?" I asked.

"Umm...well, we did find something" Max said.

"Ok, so we looked up the phone number, but all that came up was an address, so we know where to go looking, which is a good thing" Nev explained.

By this time Chloe and Adam had walked down stairs and begun listening while they too sat at the table.

Nev carried on telling me what they had and hadn't found. "Next, we decided to do an image search and found out that all 3 images were already on the internet." I almost started crying at hearing all of the information being fed to me.

"We also contacted Brendon on his Instagram account; yes it was verified" I perked up at what Max said.

"But he never replied" Nev finished. I sunk back into my seat again.

"Even though I had a gut feeling I was being Catfished, it's all so surreal now that the prof is infront of me...I'm so-sorry" I said crying as I begun walking off.

I ran up to my room, but I want alone for long as Chloe followed me in and gave me a hug, telling me it was going to be ok.

After 5 minutes of me crying in Chloe and Adams arms, I finally went back downstairs.

"I knew something was wrong, but I c-can't believe it's actually happening" I said almost crying again. My eyes were already red and puffy enough as it is, I didn't need them to be even worse. And on top of that, I know I have makeup all down my face.

"Why do people find joy in Catfishing others?" I questioned

"I don't know, but it's something we can't stop, we can only learn to deal with it and find out who it is" Nev said. "If it was as simple as me waving a magic wand to stop all Catfishers, I would"

"So...when do we leave?"

~~~
Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this chapter. Idk what to say in these things anymore.

Thanks for reading. Bye