4: Bloody Monday

The next day, Eunhyuk went to the agency early to check on some “things”. When he saw that what he needs are on place, he directly went to his office. There he saw a guy sitting in his chair.

“Hey, you’re early today.” He said to Donghae.

“Well I have to. I have to tell you something.” Donghae said.

“What is it?”

“You like reading books right?”

“Yes I do.”

“Good. Then I need you some help on the coded message.”

“What kind of help?”

“How do we decipher this?” He said as he handed over a piece of paper with separated numbers written on it.

“Well. I think this is a book related code.”

“Yes, I know that. Mean said it to me. But how the heck will you do it?”

“Well first, what’s the book?”

“The note says “The Little Prince” but I think there’s no thing as a book named like that.”

“Of course there is.” Eunhyuk said as he placed the paper on the desk and goes to his mini library to find a book. “Ah, here it is.” He said showing a thin book with a picture of a moon and a child riding on the stars. “The Little Prince. This is Louise’s favorite book. She let me read it and wow, the story is superficial but hey, the message is good.” He said.

“Yeah, great. But there’s a little problem. Mean said it’s an English coded.”

“Yeah, so? This story is in English. Try using the book ok?”

“Oh. I thought it’s in Korean. Hey one last thing how’s the order?”

“Hmm. Since majority of the numbers are divided on 3, then the 1st number is the page, 2nd is the line of it in the paragraph and 3rdis how far is it from the first word.” Well of course he will know this. K always let him solve these kinds of messages in special occasions. Aish, I hate it when he always does that.

“Oh. I see. Well then can I do it here on your office?”

“Sure.”

“And can I do this one this chair? I always concentrate when I did this stuff seated on your chair.”

“Sure. Have fun. I’ll get the rest of the evidences on your table and let’s work this out together.” He said as he went out of his office to go to Donghae’s office to get the evidences.

They spent hours and hours on deciphering, analyzing and finding clues on the evidences. Eunhyuk even tried so far as to rip the evidences off so that he could see if there are any clues. Donghae on the other hand still tried to decipher the coded message and still, nothing. Donghae stood up on his seat and went to get some coffee. Eunhyuk also followed since his eyes started to hurt like hell from too much exposure on the computer. They went outside the agency to buy Starbucks coffee and possibly something to eat.

“Hey, the usual babe? I mean Anchovy?” Donghae said.

“Yeah. Sure babe. I mean Fishy.” Eunhyuk said.

They call each other babe way back in the academy but since they are professionals now, they call themselves as Fishy for Donghae since he likes fish and Anchovy for Eunhyuk since he known to be the “smelliest” on the group. But they never forget to get their work. They brought their laptops and minds along with their coffee break.

“Hey, how is the picture?”

“Well, not much of a use.”

“Oh. And what about the fingerprints that we collected?”

“Not much of a use either. But I did saw some fingerprints on the tables at some kind of a secret room where we think K has doing his business. Apparently, it belongs to a foreigner. I searching him over our database and he looks like he came from Italy.”

“Oh, Italy. The birthplace of Mafia.”

“Correct. And how about the deciphering?”

“Well, I think I got the first part. It’s “BLOODY”.”

“Oh. I see. What about the second one?”

“Nothing. I have tried doing it several times yet I can’t seem to get the correct letters.”

“Well just try. You can do it.” Eunhyuk said happily as he cheer Donghae.

“Neh. Oh yeah, who interrogated Kim Kibum?”

“I think it is Siwon and Reggie. They sent us the statements already so all we have to do read them.”

“Yeah. I saw that email last night. They are pretty good on doing that.”

“Yes, I can see that.”

“By the way, how is Louise? Is she still a doctor?”

“Yes but she doesn’t work at a hospital. But you know what.”

“What is it?”

“Remember the drug sample and the video we got as and evidence before? I let her saw that video last night and let her also analyze the drug.”

“Oh yeah. I thought we ruled that one as unconnected on the case we are working for. And why did you let her see that horrid video? Mean can’t even stand looking at that in one second.”

“Well she is a doctor. And one thing she likes is blood and gore. You know, she is quite sadistic. Anyway she said it is connected.”

“What?”

“She said that the “drug” is not a drug but some kind of a radioactive substance. She calls it the “bloody-x”. They just used the word “drug” to connote it.”

“Wait, that’s Russia’s…”

“Top secret weapon. Yes it is. And the video is not a viral infection but a radioactive contamination. She said it looks like they have tested the “drug” there, killing almost anyone. And by the way, the disease there is actually a simple case of the newest kind of chicken pox, the one that you will vomit blood along with it. The doctors and the scientists are working on a cure for this and Louise discovered the cure for it.”

“Wow. I told you that you are one of the luckiest guys around. Having a doctor for a girlfriend, and one of the best I may add, is truly lucky.”

“Thanks Donghae. But having one of the best decipherers to be your wife is another good thing, right?

“Yes. It is. “

“In short, we are lucky people.”

“Ha-ha-ha. Ok back to the topic. I don’t get it. Why are you saying all of this? Why is that horrid video connected in this case?”

“K is a dealer of weapons all over the world. Word on the street is that he is selling the “bloody-x”. And looks like the Italian guy has it.”

“So it means?”

“We must get K and the Italian right now.”

“Ok. I will email our Italian friend for the information we got.”

Silence ruled over them for the next minutes as Eunhyuk still investigate the crime scene and Donghae continues to decipher the coded message.

“Anchovy! I GOT IT!”

“What does it say?”

Donghae then let Eunhyuk see the paper he was working on. He was shocked on what he saw. The very significant day that they all graduated in the academy and have gone of their separate ways has been made as a terror day. And it’s coming nearer and nearer.