The sinking

The moonlight glinted on the peaceful waves. The Stars twinkled brightly above the yacht. And if anyone had payed attention to the coral jutting out from the ocean perhaps it would all have been avoided.and perhaps they wouldn't be haunted, that is those who remained, by the screams and cries of their friends. The pleading and desperation in their voices. The terror in there eyes. The blood in the water. But of course they didn't know the future so how would they know that the engagement party would come to a sudden and abrupt end. 

Natile's POV

we all heard it. the sound of coral puncturing through the hull. we sat for a seconed looking at each other eyes filled with dread. we were only a hundred yards from the coast of maui. there were 15 of us me and my fiance chris and some of my friends. get everything you need from below including lifevests and meet back up here in 5 I said and they all did so scrambling around with nervous glances at one and other. chris looked me in the eye and told me in the chaos that he would swim to the shore to get help it was only 10pm after all although the sunset had already ended. and he jumped overboard and began the journey. and I went backto the others to help prepare for our own jumps into the tropical water 

Narator

chris did safely make it back to shore by ten fifteen but no one knows why the help took so long. all acounts show that the first thing he did was get help. perhaps though the help didnt show up until the early hours of the morning because there were more pressing matters. at least thats what they claim. but no one knows what as more pressing than a drowning crew. 

Natiles POV

when we where set we jumped into the waves. a while into the night I couldnt tell you when but it had seemed to be quite some time of floating slowly to the shore christine's voice broke the silence that wasnt funny jet. I didnt do anything he replied. liar you kicked my leg she retorted. but I didnt. yes you did jet admit it. fine whatever christine I did it.  I couldnt help but wonder if jet had actualy done it but he was a pranksteso we just set it aside. still something didnt feel quite right.