Chapter Three

John had hailed a cab, and went home with Mary, he told Sherlock that he would think about his offer. Mary said she was glad to finally meet Y/N and it must happen again.

Sherlock looked at her.

"What?" She asked.

"I don't think I've ever seen you in a dress before."

"They're for very special occasions." She answered.

"And was he a special occasion?"

"No." She replied quickly.

"Good." He smiled slightly and looked up. "TAXI!"

A taxi stopped at the side of the road, Sherlock opened the door and gestured for Y/N to get in. She walked past him and around to the other side. Sherlock stood for a minute and got in.

"Where to?" The cabby asked.

"West Kensington" Y/N replied. She looked over to Sherlock, he looked surprised.

"Then to Baker street please." Sherlock added.

"What?" She asked. Sherlock was staring at her, but then turned away and looked out the window.

"You really have moved."

"If you expected me to stay there then your getting slow Mr Holmes."

"Obviously."

Y/N looked at Sherlock for a few seconds. He turned and faced her.

"You're not going to hit me again are you?"

"I can't promise anything." She smirked slightly.

"So-"

"Two years!" She exclaimed.

"Yes, I know. I remember."

"And you didn't think to tell me?"

"Well, like I said-"

"I thought you actually loved me." She blurted out. "I- without John, I wouldn't be here. We grieved you, we went through hell Sherlock. Literal hell!"

Sherlock opened his mouth to say something.

"We went to your grave, we asked for one last miracle." She whispered.

"I know, I saw." He replied. She snapped her head towards him.

She launched herself at him, but he moved. The cabby shouted something along the lines of 'stop fighting'. She let go of him and moved back to her seat.

"Stop here." Y/N said. The cabby stopped and she climbed out. Sherlock followed soon after paying him.

"I am sorry for what has happened!" He called.

"I thought that we had something. I started to make myself believe that the great Sherlock Holmes had in fact, fallen in love with me. I thought that Sherlock had finally become slightly human. I thought you felt the same." She shouted. "Great, now you've made me into some typical girl, whining about her failed love life."

"I should've come to you sooner, but now I need your help. He's back and he's gonna be furious."

"I don't care Sherlock. I made a new life, got a new job, made new friends."She replied. "I finally got over the SHERLOCK HOLMES." She got louder as you finished the sentence.

Y/N walked fast, though Sherlock could walk faster. He stopped in his tracks, he finally decided to stop.

"Go home Sherlock, I need time." She walked under the porch of an nice looking house. Y/N changed her tone, she looked at him.