Chapter Two.

"Brother mine, you need to be more careful. It took a lot of time to work myself in here." Mycroft stated.

"Oh shut up, you enjoyed being out." Sherlock retorted.

"The people." Mycroft said quietly.

"Why am I back in London?"

"We have news on a terrorist attack, and we need you."

Sherlock smiled slightly. Being needed to save London.

"I'll need John and Y/N."

"Why?" Mycroft asked.

"I need my helpmates." Sherlock answered.

Mycroft looked at him for a second before opening his mouth.

"They've moved on." He replied.

"Why? I've been away for two years." Sherlock looked at him with confusion.

"Doctor Watson and Miss Westfield are no longer at 221B, or even living together. Doctor Watson is romantically involved with a receptionist, and Miss Westfield is currently 'speaking' to a young man at her place of employment."

"Do they still talk?" Sherlock asked.

"Yes. According to this," He pulled out his black notebook. "They meet every Tuesday for lunch."

"Where are they now?" He asked.

"How would I know?"

Sherlock gave Mycroft a look which made Mycroft open his mouth again.

"The Landmark."

"Both of them?"

"Yes, though separate reservations."

Sherlock gave Mycroft a smug smile and put his long coat on. He then went to leave Mycroft's office, but he was stopped.

"Sherlock, perhaps a less immediate introduction." Mycroft suggested.

"How do you mean?"

"Don't go, as people say, head first into this. They haven't seen you for two years. They went through hell thinking you were dead."

"But I'm back." Sherlock replied.

"Don't do anything reckless brother mine, I won't clean up your mess this time." Mycroft said.

With that Sherlock left his brothers office and headed up to the street, he hailed a taxi and set off for The Landmark.

The Landmark was Mary's favorite restaurant, so John thought best to pop the question here. He had been practicing with Y/N nearly every Tuesday. He wanted this to be perfect. Nothing was going to ruin this night.

Sherlock entered the restaurant like a man on a mission.

He found his way towards John, who was fiddling with something. Sherlock made his way through the table, as h done so, he acquired a bow tie and a fake mustache. 

Mary was currently in the toilet. John was fiddling with the ring box, he placed it in several places before he put it back in his coat pocket.

"Can I 'elp you with anything, sir?" A man asked. John didn't look up.

"Hi, yeah. I'm looking for a bottle of champagne – a good one." John answered.

John looked over to the right and saw a familiar face. It was Y/N. She was with a young man, John looked for a minute before he decided to look away.

"Mmm! Well, these are all excellent vintages." The waiter, who was in fact Sherlock, leaned in closer. John still didn't look directly at him.

John couldn't believe she'd moved on, he thought it was about time she did. He felt sorry for her after Sherlock jumped. She was left feeling so guilty, John was just glad he could support her through this, and he was so grateful she was able to support him through this.