Chapter Nine.

"It's been days since we last heard from Moriarty." John stated as he sat in his arm chair. Y/N was laid on the leather sofa on the other side of the living room. Sherlock was pacing the room, making small pauses at each window.

"He likes to be awkward." Y/N replied. She turned to her side, she saw Sherlock glaring at her. "What?"

"Moriarty is not awkward, he's a genius-"

"The napoleon of crime. We know, we've met him." John cut him off. He looked unimpressed.

"A sexier version of Sherlock." Y/N smirked. She seemed to daze out for a minute.

"Sexier?" John asked.

"Have you seen Moriarty through a woman's perspective?"

"No." John answered. He looked over to Y/N and frowned slightly. "Do all women find psychopaths attractive?"

"Only a few." Y/N smiled back to John. Sherlock had stopped pacing and was stood looking at Y/N. "I'm joking. I don't find all psychopaths attractive, to be honest I kinda prefer sociopaths."

"Right." John smiled. "Right."

"I've done my research."

"My gosh Y/N, quoting Sherlock?" John laughed.

"I told you, I've done my research." Y/N smiled.

"What's the difference anyway?" John asked.

"Psychopaths are dangerous, usually violent and cruel. They show no remorse for their actions, usually because of a lesion on a part of their brain responsible for fear and judgment, known as the amygdala. Psychopaths commit crimes in cold blood. They crave control and impulsivity, possess a predatory instinct, and attack proactively rather than as a reaction to confrontation." Y/N answered, she sounded like Sherlock.

She rolled out of her seat and walked over to the middle of the room. "Take a seat Sherlock." She pointed to his black chair and he sat down.

"Go on." John smiled.

"Whereas Sociopaths may suffer from their mental illness as a result of lesioned brain regions. Upbringing may also play a larger role in a child becoming a sociopath versus those that are diagnosed as psychopaths, or the slide into dementia on the other end of the spectrum. Sociopathic behavior is manifested as conniving and deceitful, despite an outward appearance of trustworthiness or sincerity. Sociopaths are often pathological liars. They are manipulative and lack the ability to judge the morality of a situation, but not because they lack a moral compass; rather, their existing moral compass is greatly, yet not always dangerously, skewed."

"Where'd you get that from?" John smiled.

"From a wesbite called medical daily."

"Definitely done your research." John replied. "How'd you remember it?"

"Sherlock's not the only one who has a photographic memory, or something along those lines."

"Impressive." Sherlock said quietly.

"I don't actually have a photographic memory." Y/N replied.

"I didn't mean that." Sherlock said. John glared at him. "It is impressive?...." Sherlock added, his facial expression was as though he were confused.

"What's impressive then Holmes?"

"How Moriarty faked his death."

"Why?" Y/N asked.

"He quite clearly shot himself in the head." John added. "That's not impressive."

"How'd he fake it then Sherlock?" Y/N asked.