Chapter 3

Jane Romero's p.o.v

I dressed myself, to impress the Romero's. It is a really big deal for James since I mean so much to him and also because I don't want to go back to Europe with the Romero's, I want to stay here in the mountainous, scenic greenery of Skeena British Columbia.

"Jane!" I heard my brother's voice from downstairs. "They are coming." He informed me. This meant that he sensed them nearby. I gave one last look at my mature and age appropriate attire. Simple dark leggings and a long sleeve beige and light brown top with an infinity scarf. As I descended the stairs the bell rung and I was getting nervous. I can't say that my heart started beating faster, cause ... I'm a vampire so....

I slowed my pace but that's not really possible for me to do. My brother looked at me with a blank expression and gave me a half smile. I was by his side when he opened the door and we were more than happy to see Dale and Lisa.

"Dale, my brother." James welcomed him like he would as always and Lisa walked in giving me her charming warm hearted smile as I gave one back.

"Jane!" She gasped. Her mouth still parted. "You have grown into one fine women. Last time I saw you, was ages back." She looked at me up and down, I was also more than happy to see her.

"Thank you Lisa, you don't know how much James and I have missed you both." I said truly from my heart.

"The feeling is mutual." I looked at Dale, who spoke, and his golden brown eyes sparkled. He was the one that changed me. I charged at him into a warm hug just as I mentioned before, he was like another brother to me.

"It is so nice to see you both." I said and he looked down at me smiling.

"Shall we go to the family room?" James asked and he lead us there. We all sat down for a moment and there was a comfortable silence. I usually don't like it when it's silent but this kind of silence was good.

"I agree with you." Dale said out loud, almost startling me for a moment. Then I laughed, he read my mind. "You're still the same Jane." He chuckled. I felt a little embarrassed because I didn't learn how to read minds, well as my brother says, I can't concentrate enough to channel my thoughts and others. He says that my powers would go to waste if I don't learn how to soon.

"That's not true." Lisa said as she came by my side actually concerned. I was balling my eyes out at Dale who was laughing so hard that he started tearing up just like my brother.

"Would you stop telling everyone my thoughts." I chided him playfully.

"Don't worry, we will work on it." Lisa patted my thigh and gave me a wink.

"Thank you." I said.

"So, where is Victor Romero?" My brother asked Dale and Lisa the same question that I was curious about.

Dale and Lisa looked at each other for a good five minutes. Then they looked back at us.

"Well when we went to the Romero Manor to visit him he said that we could check up on you." Dale explained, but both Lisa and Dale had sorrow filled expressions all of a sudden which worried us.

"Either way we knew that you were in good care," Dale said directing towards me. "But Victor said that he had to deal with our rivals." There was a silence and Dale tensed up, with super speed, Lisa went to his side and held his hand.

"Rivals? Donovans?" My brother was flabbergasted and I had a tiny gasp. "What did they do now?" My brother asked, I could feel the anger boiling in him already and everyone in the room knew why.

"Around sometime last week, they murdered another one of the humans in Seattle. Victor got angry about them victimizing a human, so now he is planning on how to keep the humans safe." Dale explained as if the idea is helpless.