Chapter 1

Jane Romero's p.o.v

Old ages: beginning of the clans (300 years ago)

I saw fire. I saw people suffering. I couldn't stand seeing this anymore, the people in my village are crying. Their families are dying. I screamed in horror I turned around and kept my eyes shut but I still had the urge to look back. I backed away from my window and ran into my mother.

"Oh sweetheart," she wrapped a warm cloak around me and held me close to her heart. Consoling me and soothing me, knowing that I was too young to see the village being terrorized by Donovan's. "Don't worry they won't hurt us we will be safe. We are strong, they will not get passed us."

As soon has she finished speaking my father yelled for us to follow him. My older brother was standing behind him like a free standing tower. He stuck out his hand for me to hold and I did he had a warriors face, but I could see and feel the distress in his eyes.

My father held me now, "Jane, no matter what you will stay with James."

I nodded. I felt my eyes watering something bad was happening, my parents both hugged me and kissed my forehead. They did the same to James.

My older brother held me tight as if he let go he would lose me to the Donovans. We watched as our parents brought out their swords and walked out to the village with the rest of the neighbours. They looked back one last time, "James?" I asked softly, "where are they going?"

He didn't reply trying to hold back his tears.

"Mama!" I screamed horrified knowing that my parents won't return.

My older brother took me in his arms and brought me down to our cellar blocking away all of the screaming and painful shrieks of the village people. I buried my face into his chest feeling protected, as if he was my shelter not the cellar.

"Jane." He said softly. "You know about the Donovan's actions, you are old enough. Our parents have already told us what they do and to stay away. But you need to know more. I think it's time." He ended.

He looked back and signalled someone to come forward, I recognized the person as his friend.

"Delius I will hold her, she is only eleven years old." My brother spoke with him.

"That is fine, but are you sure you want to do this now. I will feel guilty, she will suffer a lot of pain!" Delius slightly raised his voice.

"Why will I feel pain?" I tugged on James', he looked at me with watery eyes.

"Here," he lay my head on his lap. "Go to sleep, you need your rest."

He started to run his hand over my hair and undo my braids.

I felt my self dozing off in my older brother possession, I felt safe.

Suddenly a sharp pain when shooting up my neck. I shrieked and woke up. All I saw was a head, it was Delius. What was he doing!

The pain was increasing, I gripped on my brother. He held me tighter.

"I am terribly sorry Jane!" My brother apologized while Delius was looking around frantically.

"I can't do this!" He shouted at my brother. I started crying.

"James, you tried to change me?" He didn't reply. I put both my hands on his cold cheeks and wiped away his tears.

"Jane, i'm sorry, I had to change you. You need the powers like me because the Donovan's numbers are increasing there are too many." Delius held my brother's shoulders and gave me a consoling look.

"Jane I appoligize for causing you pain." Delius motioned me towards him.

"What about my bite? Will I change?" When I asked Delius he looked to my brother for an answer. Delius bit into me and sucked my blood but he didn't inject the venom, at least I think he didn't?

"I am not sure, but after tonight we will go to the healer." He kissed my forehead and Delius tucked me in bed.

"Goodnight Jane." he whispered. I smiled back feeling as if my dreams were taking control of my mind and sucking me into my world of slumber.

----Present Time----

"Jane!" James voice echoed through the entire home. It wasn't big like any stereo typical vampire home. It was a nice home with 3 bedrooms and 2 and a half washrooms. It's just the two of us but we have guests over all the time. Well, friends.

"Sorry, i'm coming!" I shouted back. My older brother probably called me a million times!

I ran downstairs to find him staring at me, agitated for not responding to him. I yawned waiting for him to respond. Then I crossed my arms still not getting a response.

"What?"

He sighed out loud in frustration, "you do remember that we have guests coming over?"

I stood there trying to remember our conversation yesterday. It was something really important, James was worried about it.

"So, they're just guests. And why is it important for me to 'wake up'?"

"Because 'they' are Romero's!" he exclaimed.

"They are coming to see you." He raised his eyebrows waiting for me to say something.

When I was younger about 18 years old, my brothers friend Delius, now in the 21st century we call him Dale, changed me. Well, not entirely. I was only 11 years old when he first bit me but that was because of the harsh circumstances, they had no choice. The risk was my age, I was too young, and that's why Dale had stopped sucking my blood. The bite marks were still there so the next morning, after the invasion of the Donovan's, they took me to the healer. He said that I didn't change completely, and I wouldn't act like a vampire but to only make me immortal when I'm 18. So Dale changed me when I was of the right age.

My older brother had changed before me, when I was 11 years od he was already 20 years old.

"Oh, is Dale coming?" I was more than excited to see him and I'm sure James was as well.

"Yes, and not only him. Some members of the clan too, they want to see how you are doing." He shrugged his shoulders.

"So I suggest you go and bathe and get some nice clothes on, you have to look mature but appropriate." He warned me with his finger.

"Don't worry, i'll wear my stripper costume." I said sarcastically.

"Jane" He warned me again, "please, you know why this is important."

I did, I knew that if the Romero's thought that my brother wasn't taking care of me they'd take me back with them.

"Sorry," I made my way to stand in front of him. "I love you so much." My voice was muffled because I was hugging him and I was literally speaking into his chest.

"I do too." He kissed my forehead and I ran upstairs to get dressed.

_____________________________________________