Chapter 8

Adam's p.o.v

I closed the door behind me and entered the family room. Everyone was sitting down while Balthazar was pacing in the room. He turned around when he heard me walk in. 

"Where is she?" He asked expectant to see her

I looked around the room and everyone was waiting eagerly, Helen had a worried expression. I was getting frustrated, he expected me to do something that he knows I wish not to do. But he is the leader of the Donovans and I am part of the Donovan Safeguard, so I have no choice but to listen to him or get killed for all eternity. I raised my head to see Helen, she knew what I was debating about. Whether or not to retaliate. It's like she read my mind when I thought about this, she immediately shook her head. 

"I almost had her-" I began but Balthazar interrupted me. 

"You almost had her." He said though gritted teeth. "Why didn't you get her? You are part of the Safeguard, the best of the best!" He yelled. Helen got up immediately. 

"Balthazar, let him speak." She held his shoulder gently. She gave me a nod to proceed. 

"I heard the other Romero's coming, so instead of getting caught I left her there. She was unconscious anyways." When I said this out loud it didn't sound right. I furrowed my eyebrows and repeated it in my head. Then out loud again "Unconscious?" I looked up at everyone and they all had surprised looks on their faces. Even Talon and Dusk seemed interested. 

"Unconscious?" Balthazar asked raising an eyebrow. "She's not human, what are you saying?" I had not only confused everyone else but myself as well. 

"She-" I thought back to what had happened. She is a vampire, I am sure of it. She ran faster than then the speed of light. Okay, maybe i'm over exaggerating but you get my point. She had immortal powers, she had that distinctive eye colour, she had a perfect posture and I could feel her emotions pouring out to me. Her emotions...

She let her emotions flow right into me, almost naked not covering herself. Even after she expressed all of these emotions, one was definitely clear. It was present between the both of us... Infatuation.

"Adam." Dawn's voice took me out of my trance, going back to my thoughts. 

I looked up from the carpet to her curious face, "Yes?" 

"I asked you about her powers." She said. 

"Powers?" I questioned. "Well, I did not notice what her strengths were. She was trying to squirm out of my grasp and I was busy chasing her." I shrugged. 

"I am going to my room." Dusk stated. 

"Wait." Balthazar stopped her and she furrowed her eyebrows. "We are having a family discussion." 

"Well, I am clearly not part of it." Dusk began to raise her voice, Dawn shook her head signalling Dusk to stop talking back to him.

"What did you say?" Balthazar began to approach her, the room suddenly grew more tense. We all knew what was going to happen eventually. Alex showed no expression, Helen tried to look away she couldn't bear to see any one of us in pain. Dawn was beyond frightened, not wanting her sister to get punished again. And Talon, surprisingly, had a worried expression, he didn't have the same old cold and hard face. 

"I said that I am not part of the discussion, and I do not have anything to do with this." She said, agitated. 

"I do not like the tone in your voice." He warned. 

"You are not my father!" everyone was quiet the room was pin drop silent. Everyone looked at Dusk who looked like she was going to pour all her tears out, but she obviously couldn't.