Prologe

Name?:
Scarlet
Age?:
14
Location?:
The woods right outside the O'khasis gates

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked around the area I had awoken in, no idea where I was, all I knew was that I had to keep my amulet close.
Wait a second an amulet? What amulet?
It took me a moment to figure out what my amulet was as my confused brain began to focus in on some stuff. My amulet was the silver and orange thing attached to a chain around my neck. Well at least I knew what my amulet was now.
"So where am I?" My voice shocked me as I had yet to hear it at the time. It was softer then what i expected, quiet and well preserved.
I soon stood to look around and soon my eyes, wait what color are my eyes? Well either way my eyes landed on a rather large… is that a gate? I guess its a gate.
So my eyes landed on a gate, I was in the woods with a gate to, most likely, a village of some sort nearby. That's all I knew.
"You there!" My head shot up. The people standing at the gates, most likely guards of some sort, called out to me. I took a step back and soon one was running over to me. I let out a noise, I sounded kinda like a mouse, and scrambled backwards, soon falling onto my rump.
"Hey what are you doing outside the gates? With everything going on with Scaleswind there's a curfew." The one who had come closer spoke calmly and soon i myself felt calm.
"Wha… what's Scaleswind? Where am i?" Soon all my confusion came back and before i could stop it, i was crying.
"Oh wow… uhh… hey… its okay… calm down… here." The person, they sounded like a boy, pulled off the helmet he had worn and crouched slightly in front of me, offering a hand. Without the thing covering his face I could tell he was well, a boy. He had yellow, i believe its called blonde, colored hair and eyes like the sky.
"Wha…" I looked less at him and at his hand. I had no idea what this gesture meant.
"My names Garroth Ro'meave. I'm a guard in training. What's your name?" His voice was quiet and gentle.
"I-i think im Scarlet… besides that i don't really know..  im maybe 14? Oh and I'm supposed to protect this." My voice was hushed as I gestured to my amulet.
"That's all you know? Huh… well i'm holding out my hand to help you up if thats what your so worried about." I flushed slightly when he noticed my strange glanced at his hand. After i quick thought i nodded and took his hand. Soon the blonde, Garroth, pulled me up and I flashed him a weak smile.
"Well Scarlet, I welcome you to O'khasis." He said and I smiled as he lead me into the gates.