Chapter 11

Name?:
…….. be quiet….
Age?:
….. im telling a story…
Location?:
…… a place that would be Phoenix drop is hundreds of years…….

Haden gripped his father's hand tightly. He could hear Irene sobbing from the floor next to him and when he glanced down he could see Kenly cuddling closer to his older sister. Trixy let out a quiet coo from her crib. She didn't understand what was truly going on as she was only 6 months old.
"Father…" he whimpered.
"You are seven haden, and the only boy. I need you to protect your sisters for me… ill hold the villagers off… you and Irene need to take the younger girls and run. Your mother is dying and if you stay the villagers will kill you as well." Their father spoke calmly as he let go of his sons hand. He picked up the cooing baby and rocked her for a moment. He kissed the little girls head before handing her to the seven year old body who was in tears. Irene, only 8, picked up Kenly who was four.
"Watch over them Haden. The new man in the house so to speak. Irene, watch over your little brother just as he watches over you." Their father spoke and both children nodded. Kenly, who could understand, just slightly, what was going on. began to cry and reach for her father.
"Daddy!" She cried and for a moment he picked up his daughter and gave her a kiss on the head. As he did loud footsteps and a loud banging on the door was heard. He quickly handed the four year old to his eldest and pushed them towards the back door.
"Run! Ill hold them off. Just remember that me and your mom loves you. I sent a message to your elder sister and her husband. They should be expecting you. Now go!" He yelled and turned back, grabbing his sword, and walking to the door.

~~~~~~

As the children ran they tried not to look back. Irene stumbled as they reached the treeline. Kenly was too much for her to carry. In a moment of weakness Haden looked back. Just as he did he witnessed his home explode into a ball of flames. Kenly screamed and began to cry.
After a moment of resting Irene picked up Kenly again. The sounds awoke Trixy who had fallen asleep. She let out a loud whine and her hands began to glow as she waved them around.
"Magiks… oh no… Irene… what did we get ourselves into?" Haden whispered

~~~~

Haden looked up at the top of their makeshift tent. Kenly laid across his torso, her face burrowed in his stomach. Irene curled up next to him as Trixy laid between them. Irene had a hand on Trixys stomach and all the girls were fast asleep. Haden was the only one awake and no matter how hard he tried he couldn't sleep.
"Father…" he raised a hand and light formed around it. Why had his family had magiks? More and more people appeared with them. When he and Irene first discovered they had them; they had been treated like stars. Everyone in their village looked up to them. Things changed when the eldest, Karina, got married to the lord of a growing village, O'khasis, things changed. Karina married Elrich Ro'meave and was taken away. Soon rumors of her running away spread. Rumors of how terrible the two younger siblings where.
By the time Trixy was born most of the village was after them. They knew they would have to leave and just hoped that Kenly wouldn't have any magiks. When they appeared that dreaded night, people began to blame the siblings for their mothers illness. That night they came with torches and the four siblings ran.

~~~~~~~~

"Are we there yet?" Kenly asked from Irene's shoulders and Haden couldn't hold in the laugh as he adjusted the holder that held Trixy on his back.
"Not yet." Irene hummed. She looked up for a moment before tickling the little girls foot.
"Irene no!" Kenly began to giggle and bend over her older sister in a mad fit of giggles. Haden rolled his eyes and took Kenly off His elder sisters shoulders as he began to tickle her more. She began to kick her feet and squeal.
Haden smiled and even when Trixy, who had been asleep before that, woke up in sobs; he didn't stop smiling. This was his family and they would get through what ever happened to them.