Chapter 1

Name?:
Scarlet
Age?:
Almost 15
Location?:
O'khasis, lords home

~~~~~~~~~~~

I ducked my head around the corner, snickering at the dark haired males anger. When i thought he had left i my spot just to be grabbed by the arm.
"Gatcha!" He laughed and I gave him a small pout. I opened my mouth to speak when we heard footsteps.
"Zane!" I recognized that voice and hid back around the corner, my friend waiting to see what his father wanted.
"Yes father?" Zane's voice was stiff and guilt built in my chest. The Ro'meave family had taken me in, helped me find a family, and was allowing me to study with one of the lords sons, Zane, the one my age. Of course it had to be me who ran from the tutor on the one day i really shouldn't, and now Zane would be getting in trouble for it again.
"Where is she?" Gartes' voice was harsh and I flinched, falling slightly against the wall. I could practically hear Zane stiffen.
"I don't know father." A blatant lie as he had just caught me earlier.
"Well find her! Garroth is supposed to return home today as will Andrew." He walked away from zane after a moment and I breathed a sigh of relief before his words sunk in and I straightened happily. Garroth had become a good friend and Andrew was the eldest son of the family who adopted me.
"Yay!" I flung myself around the corner once the lord was gone and I watched zanes eyes crinkle slightly, the only sign he was smiling.
"You do so enjoy my elder brothers company. It seems he may secretly be your favorite." Zane teased and i rolled my eyes softly.
"Your my favorite stupid." I laughed and his eyes crinkled in the way of a small smirk.
"I know I am." And with that zane began his brisk walk to where garroth would be coming back. I laughed at his reaction. In the months I've been here I've learned to understand what facial expression he's making by the way his eye crinkles.
"Your a brat you know?" I called ahead as I ran to catch up with him. He gave me a look I knew well and took off down the hall. I whined loudly and picked up the speed at which I was running. Within 10 seconds I had caught up and grabbes his arm.
"Slow down!" I laughed and he did so.
"Lets just get there before they arrive or father will have my head." He groaned and i gave him a weak smile. The lord gave zane the blame for anything either of us did because apparently i was zanes responsibility.
"Yes, lets hurry." I grabbed his arm and we began a quick walk.

---------

"Thats a lie! It has to be!" My voice escaped me in rough sobs.
"Thats all I know. Hes either dead or he ran away and fakes it." Andrew sighed and went to approach me but i shoved him away.
"Your lying! Garroth cant be dead and he wouldnt run away! I know so!" My voice was raised and before i had full control i was growling like an animal at zane who had simply put a hand on my shoulder.
"Scar… he had just been told he had to get married. Its my brother we are talking about, he doesnt want to be married yet, hes barely 16." Zane explained and it clicked. I quickly turned on the lord, eyes glaring the most hateful glare I had ever glared.
"Its your fault!" I yelled quickly. The lord froze and turned the face me before glaring at zane. Zane put a more forceful hand on my shoulder as he tried to pull me away.
"Your fault!" I screamed pushing zanes hand away and running full force at his father. I had hated Garte since day 1 and I had enough. It didn't help he may have chased away the first person I knew.
"Get her out of here!" The lord yelled and before i could reach for zane again i was being carried away by guards.