Chapter 4

Name?:
Scarlet
Age?:
19
Location: somewhere in the woods near O'khasis.

Sleeping hadnt been an easy feat since i left. Id grown used to not sleeping in the two years ive been out here. I feared that my amulet would do what it did when I left. I still feared the small silver pendant that I wore around my neck. Mostly i feared the magic it heald.

~~~~~
I looked behind me at the people standing there as we went under the gates. I could feel my eyes watering and heart breaking. The sun reflected on the buildings making it hard to see the people I was leaving.
As we made it to the other side my amulet began to slowly heat up. I didn't notice it for the first hour or so until it became painfully hot.
"Whats going on?" Andrew asked and when he reached towards me we were both sent flying backwards. Andrew landed in a creek but i landed somehow standing fine. My amulet was glowing by that point and when i grabbed it the world around me turned black

---------
"Keep them safe," I couldn't see the person speaking. 20 amulets lay on a small table. I only recognized mine and graces but they were silver with all sorts of colors. One amulet was actually two completely different colors. I focused on the one in front of me. It was as orange as it was when it knocked me out.
"They control your abilities. If they break you may lose control so be careful. When you awaken at your mission it should awaken as well so be careful not to get overwhelmed. For those of you that don't have it wake, just wait for your mission may not have started. They are sentient and know when you need them." The voice was calm and my hand, smaller then i have any memories of it being, reached for the orange one before putting it on. The other amulets where taken by small hands as well and when i looked up-
--------
Andrew had been shaking me but i lifted a hand to let him no im okay. I ended up almost demolishing a tree.
"What was that?"
"My amulets awake." I whispered my eyss wide.

~~~~~~~

"Im back scarlet!" Andrew called as he ducked into the clearing we had been living in for a while.
"Hey!" I waved softly and closed my eyes. My amulet was begging me to try teleporting and i did try. I landed four feet to the left of what i had planned and let our a loud groan. It had informed me that everyone with an amulet could teleport and all I had to do was practice but im nearly positive i’ll never teleport correctly. Andrew laughed as I stumbled forward trying desperately to catch myself.
“Auhg! im never gonna get it right!” I grabbed at my hair as I made over exaggerated noises of complaints.
“You were supposed to be training. What were you doing all day while I was out at village?” my   brother held back laughs. He spent every day at his shop in the nearest village.
“i.. I uh… I slept.” I whispered slightly ashamed.
“you gotta train next time Scar. come on, lets start making dinner.” He lead me over to the fire pit we made and i sat down on one of the logs we use as seats.
“What did you find in town?” i ask with a more bleak interest.
“bread and since i made a few bigger sales, rainbow curry.” he said and my eyes shot up to meet his.
“really? omg i love rainbow curry! I haven't had some since garroth left!” i squealed and danced around. my brother chuckled and shook his head but I barely noticed.
“You're such a child. come get your curry before i decide i want a second bowl. my brother taunted and i ran to take my curry happily. Without Drew i'd have to go into the village which is something I swore I wouldn't do after we left.
"Ill be staying in Meteli longer tomorrow." Andrew hummed
"Meteli?" I perked up not recognizing the name
"The village i've been working at." He laughed at my cluelessness and ruffled my red curls once again. I stuck my tongue out at him and pushed his hand off my hair.
"Nooooooo," i whined and he just shook his head and walked down to our tent where he soon fell asleep.

I miss you Andrew