Chapter 8

Name?:
Grace
Age?:
18
Location?:
Home in meteli

"Scarlet calm down." I whispered softly. She had come running into meteli a sobbing mess. I was lucky laurence was dealing with lord disputes so he didn't see her yet.
"He's gone! Drew was sick last night and when i woke up he was gone!" Scarlet sobbed louder and I winced. I continued to try and calm her, begging whatever fated may be listening that no one heard her, believed it was me, and told my overprotective fiance.
"Grace are you okay? Cadenza told me she heard crying!" Of course it was right after scarlet calmed down that he had to appear. Of course it also happened to be the one who was practically his sister.
"Im fine Laur. We just have ourselves a very frazzled guest." I hummed patting scarlets shoulder before leaving to calm my panicking love.
"Thank goodness… I was worried you were hurt or something…" Laurence wrapped his arms around me and held me close to him whilst kissing my head softly.
"Im fine my love." I leaned up to kiss his cheek.
"Its someone from my past. She's like me Laurence so try to stay calm and don't scare her." I informed him quickly.
"Is she doing okay love?" Laurence put a hand on my shoulder and I gave him a weak smile.
"She's not doing so well. I'm thinking of a bigger village to bring her to where she feels safer. She's been in the woods for a while." I hummed and he sighed.
"Does this mean another visit to O'khasis? That place freaks me out." Laurence whined quietly and I shook my head with a small frown.
"Where Zane would love to see her there, as he hasn't been able to visit her in over a year, she has been banished." I leaned against his shoulder. He groaned.
"Where else can you bring her?"
"Well not Scaleswind seeing as they know both of us and I was informed after our last visit that if I hadn't been a guard to the lord of meteli i wouldn't have been let in so…." I groaned rubbing my temples.
"The closest village bigger than Meteli is Bright Port. Its next to a werewolf tribe and I heard the wolves have a nether portal." He hummed.
"It's safer for her then here. Its walling in slightly and they have better healers. My amulet also informed me that the wolves would accept us in so if the healer in the village couldn't help i'm sure they would." I kissed his cheek and sighed.
"You know i wont be able to go with you my love… I fear you won't come back… if you don't… I'll be with you once again once your back but if your not back within a week or at least a letter had not been sent saying you'll be back i'm going to act as if we aren't together. I'll be single until you're back in my life." Laurence sighed.
"Makes sense although it does upset me. I can't expect you to wait for me if i run again… just please don't marry someone else,  you can't do that to me…" i hummed and he kissed my head.
"I'd wear the ring around my neck and I won't marry unless you send me your ring… I can't forever…"
"I accept these terms my love… we will leave tomorrow… ill send a letter if I'm staying for grace longer then a week… if i don't… forgive me."
"Always…"

~~~~~~~

"Are you going to be okay here Scarlet?" I held her hand. My week was almost over and I was packing to return home.
"I am Grace. Ill visit i promise." She smiled at me and i couldn't help but grin and give her a brief hug.
"Stay safe Gracie." She whispered and with the sudden nickname my vision blackened and i could feel my body falling backwards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Gracie!" Treara's eyes lit up when I walked down the stairs. I adjusted the temporary eyepatch and sighed.
"Uncles gonna be mad." Marley whispered from a seat next to the girl who spoke priar.
"Quiet Marley. Uncle isn't our business. We are just lucky we could see grace before we visit the family mansion." Zara spoke coldly. I sighed as the young Ro'meave's voice filled with anger.
"Im sorry…" i whispered but before i could speak again i felt a weight on my shoulder.
"Why are you leaving Zara? You dont have to leave here or answer to your father anymore." Scarlets red curls appeared in my sight and I expected the next voice to be pf her cousin, Phoenix.
"Shes right Zar. This is your home as much as it is ours. You are Irenes niece by blood. You don't need to listen to your father anymore." Phoenix spoke and her words shook us to the core. Zara gave us a sad smile and sighed.
"I have to. Don't worry about me." She smiled as she left the room slowly.
"Gracie… do you think its gonna be okay?" Scarlets voice was hushed and all i did was softly nod.
~~~~~~~~~

"I-i…" i closed my eyes and rubbed them, memories of my past, all my memories came flooding back to me.
"I remember…." My heart ached as I thought of my fiance. With my memories im a target.
"Im so sorry Laurence…" I whispered as Scarlet helped me stand up straight. I felt guilt echo in my heart as I left the village. I didn't go to the ship waiting for me. I went to the wolf tribe.