Chapter 23: anxiety

"Rae wake up, it's time for school" I hear as I open my eyes. I see my dad with a bowl of my favourite cereal. He hands me it as I sit up.

Dad:"I'll drive you and Justin to school today"
Raegan: "okay I'll text him and let him know"
Dad: "okay, love you"

I grab my phone and call Justin.
*ring ring*

Justin: "hey baby"
Raegan: "morning sunshine"

I hear Justin laugh.

Raegan: "someone's giggly"
Justin: "I don't know why but I'm in a really good mood"
Raegan: "that great I get a happy Justin, anyways my dads gonna drive us to school.
Justin: "okay sounds great text me when your ready
Raegan: "okay I love you"
Justin: "I love you too"

*phone call ends*

I eat my cereal and go on instagram for a bit. When I'm done my cereal I get out of bed and grab myself some clothes. I walk to the bathroom hop in the shower and then get dressed. I look at my phone and see that it's only 7:45. So I comb my hair and brushed my teeth. I made my bed and put all my school stuff in my bag.

"Come on rae we gotta go" my dad yells
"Coming" I yell back as I text Justin to meet at the car. I grab my bag and run downstairs getting my shoes on and closing the door behind me. I run to the car and see that Justin's already in the backseat.

Justin: "morning handsome" he smiles

I smile at him and my dad tells us that we're cute. On the way to school we blasted some Shawn Mendes. As we pulled up the the front entrance I looked at Justin and asked him if he was ready for this. He looked really nervous but nodded. We get out of the car and walk into the school. We get to our lockers put our stuff in and grab our things for English.

We get to our class and see that we're the first ones there. We pick a spot in the back beside each other. As everyone comes rushing in after the bell, you can see that Justin got scared. He looked like one of those puppy's you would find on the streets who just lost their owner. I held his hand and it looked like he calmed down.

Teacher:"So class, how was everyone's break?"
Students: "good"
Teacher: "oh I see we have a new student. Let's go around the class and say our names"
"Mackenzie, josh, brad, Sam, Brooke, Daniel, Evan, Kat, Makayla, Amanda"
Raegan: "Raegan"
Justin looks around and stares for a few minutes and then says "justin"

Justin closes his eyes and tries to take deep breathes.

Raegan: "baby are you okay?"
Justin: "yea just got a little nervous"

He looks back at the front where the teacher is and closes his eyes. I sorta get worried about him. Something doesn't seem right.

*lunch*

Justin and I went to subway for lunch to get away from everyone. It still felt like something wasn't right with him this morning. He seemed so much more scared than I thought he would be. We finished eating our lunch and started to walk about to the school. We get inside and go to our lockers to get our math textbooks.

Principal: "hey Justin and Raegan"
Justin: "oh hey"
Principal: "how's everything going so far Justin"
Justin: "it's been a hard day so far"
Principal: "aw I'm sorry to here, if things don't get better you and Raegan could head home early"
Justin: "I'm sure I'll be okay"

Justin smiles and starts walking to the boys bathroom. I follow him and ask him what's wrong. He tells me that he has been having really back anxiety today. I thought it was because of all the kids. But I guess he thought something back would happen to him.

Raegan: "do you wanna skip?"
Justin : "tbh yea"

We take all our books and put the in our bag and go home..