Chapter 17- Bad Feeling

Kagome thought to herself, "I got a bad feeling about this..."

Keade and Kagome follow the little girl to a small hut, inside they see another girl laying in bed looking almost lifeless. It seems the girl had passed away due to an aliment. These two girls were oftened taken care of from others in the village from having their parents pass from a demon attack in the past. It saddened to see teh young girls go through that heartbreak. Luckily the people of thos village wete so kind. It will be easy for her to be adopted into a new family. The little girl sniffles looking at the dead girl, Keade kneels down next to the girl as Kagome comforts the sniffling child. Suddenly, a soul collector shows up from the hut's window and removes the girl's soul.

"A soul collector?.,." Kagome frowned knowing the bad feeling she had was about to get worse. Keade looked at Kagome giving her a look that she knew meant she was gone. To save the girl from the sad news she looked at the small crying child. "Hey, let's go outside ok?" She leads the little girl out. Kagome thought to herself, "Kikyo's body might need more souls, this has to come to an end..." She walked the little girl to a small group of children, hoping they would help distract her. Kagome looked up towards the sky for a moment, "after all this time.. why is this happening now..?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the hut, Inuyasha steps out for some air. The patronizing stares from Sesshomaru were getting on his nerves. He sighs, and as he looks up he sees a little girl floating in a ball of spiritual energy. It caught him off guard but he soon recognized the scent and appearence of the girl. "You're... one of Kikyo's dolls aren't you?"

She nods, "My lady needs your help... she had sent me here to ask for your assistance" she bows politely at the half-demon. "Please follow me."

He frowns, not buying it. "She doesn't need my help  and why should I believe you?" he watches her carefully, as she pulls out a mirror that shows a fragile looking Kikyo grimacing in pain. Inuyasha feels his heartstrings being pulled, he saw the deep wounds to her body. It must of been from their last encounter when he actually attacked her. Guilt filled his mind seeing it, he did want her to stop these plans she was doing.. but he it didnt stop him from feeling that guilt. He knows it might be a trap but he knows that he can't stand to have her in pain. His heart still loved Kikyo deeply, even after everything. She felt like she was the last thing he had. However, this could be his last chance to talk to Kikyo and put an end to her antics. He had to try. He looked back at the hut then nods and starts to follow after the little girl.

In the hut, Sesshomaru sitting still looks up towards the door Inuyasha... where are you going? He frowns knowing his idiot brother was going to do something stupid.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome and Keade reutrn back to the hut after taking the girl to a neighbors home so she would be safe. They would need to do a burial ceremony for the other young girl who had passed away in their hut. Keade stayed outside for a moment  talking to some of the villagers about preparing the ceremony, as Kagome headed inside to check on the others.

"Where is Inuyasha?" Kagome asked looking around noticing he wasn't there.

"It seems he couldn't of been trusted.." Sesshomaru greets Kagome at the door. "I'm sure he left to meet his dead lover.." Kagome was shocked but not surprised, thinking he must of saw the soul collector earlier and must of followed it. Unaware of the spirit doll that Kikyo had sent here for him.

Miroku sits up, waking up from a nap. "The fool.. doesn't he know what he is getting into?" Sango and Miroku share a sigh, as Keade enters the hut. They explained to her that Inuyasha had stepped out and seems to have disappeared.

After a still silence, Keade spoke up, "I see.. Perhaps it is not the way it seems.. either way, this isn't my sister Kikyo anymore. She was consumed by dark desire lurking in her heart.. for her own good for her to finally have rest ye must put an end to this.. For good." She looks up at Kagome and Sesshomaru.

Kagome nods, "Leave it to us." Kagome knew that Keade loved her sister so much, but she wanted to do what was best for everyone.

As the sun began to set Kagome, Sesshomaru and Miroku prepared to head towards Demon Slayer Village. Kagome gave Keade and Sango a reassuring hug. "We will be back once we put an end to this." Sango really wanted to join in this fight but, after a collective talk with Miroku and others she reluctantly decided to stay back.

"Please be careful.." Sango says the the group with a soft smile.

"We will. You guys stay safe here." Kagome hugged the two children as well before she join the others and started there journey to the village.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile:

"Heh.. Yes, come back to me Inuyasha." Kikyo still laying in her healing pool of spiritual water she watches Inuyasha through a mirror that her other doll holds.

"What do you plan on doing with him My Lady?" the dolls asks quietly, tending to the priestesses wounds.

Kikyo smiles, placing down the mirror. "What I tried doing a long time ago... Making his body and soul mine for good. He will never escape me again." Kikyo laughs softly, "I await your arrival.. Inuyasha."