8. Agnes.

I wait outside the school for my mum to pick me up. I wonder how easier things would be if I could just drive my way home to school, not having to be anxious about waiting by myself in public. For a second, I think of texting James or Dylan to ask them to keep me company but I realised I was too carried away that I didn't even ask for their numbers.

Interrupting my voice, I feel something cold go all over the back of my head. I turn around to see the girl from the bathroom stall earlier today pouring her milkshake all over my hair. I want to act upon it and if I were in New York, I would have her pinned down.

"Oops." She says so sweetly that it's fake.

"It's cool. Literally." I tell her, trying to lighten things up with a joke. Although I was rude to her earlier, I didn't want to cause a scene right now, especially when I knew my mum was going to show up any second from now.

"Dork." I hear her whisper to her friends and they walk away and down to the parking lot because only losers in senior year can't drive themselves to school and have to wait for their parents to still pick them up, just like how it was in freshman year.

I groan and sit on one of the steps of the school. I wait for hours for my mum to arrive. I leave her endless voicemails and numerous missed calls but my mum, just like anyone else in this family, forgets that I exist.

Just as I was about to give up and ask a random stranger for a ride, my mum arrives. I glare at the car as I get in. The milkshake has already dried up and my hair is sticky and gross and I want to shout at my mother and blame my whole messy life on her but all I can say is, "You're five hours late." And that's enough for her to realise I've had a bad day and I don't want to talk to her for the rest of the day.