10. Agnes.

Once mum parks her car in the garage, I get out and head inside the house. As per usual, dad is sitting down on the kitchen counter, solving one of the crossword puzzles on the back of the newspaper. My dad looks like he's been gaining so much weight that his beer belly looks like it's about to explode. My mum rushes to him and kisses him on the cheek.

Whilst they enjoy their "moment", I head up to my room and lock it behind me. My parents don't trust me at all. They even put bars outside my window so I wouldn't have to sneak out anymore.

I sit down on my desk and open my laptop, checking FaceBook. I already have a new message from Jessica Harvey, my best friend from New York: How's Helenston?

I hate that she even asked me that but I know she's just trying to be a good friend. I type a reply: It's absolutely horrible. I'm stuck with two nerdy kids who are surprisingly, not that bad. I'm stuck with my parents who are not surprisingly, the worst. My hair is sticky because some bitch poured the leftovers of her milkshake all over me. Everyone in school hates me (except for the two nerds). I hate Helenston. I hate Indiana. I hate everything. I hate being unstable with or without drugs.

Once I finished typing all my frustrations out, I decide that it's not the reply Jessica would want to read. In fact, it's a reply no one wants to read. I've learnt that when people ask you how things are, they never really want to hear the negative things. They always want you to tell them it's okay. I hate having to be okay for everyone but it's the only damn way I get by, so I erase everything and type: Great.

I shut down my laptop and decide not to check FaceBook for the next week because I don't want to see anyone's messages from New York asking about my new life in Helenston. I head outside to the bathroom and decide to wash the monster of Jefferson High's milkshake off me.