5. Gale.

Jordan, Mike, Luke and I have the next class free so we go down to the basketball court and shoot some hoops whilst talking about our summer adventures.

"So what did you do this summer, Luke?" I ask him.

Luke Hills is the second most popular kid in the school, after me, of course. Luke and I have a love-hate relationship. He's my brother but he knows without me, he'd be the highest person in the school and not being the best ticks him off a little.

"I went down to Las Vegas with Jonathan and Brady and it was freaking amazing. Drugs, drinks and chicks. It's so easy to get laid in sin city." Luke brags before shooting the ball. A part of me wish it would've missed so it could deflate his ego a little bit.

"Man, I wish I could've came. Anyways, have you seen Cassidy?" Jordan asks Luke and then they start talking about Cassidy and how hot she got over the summer.

Mike rolls his eyes and decides to sit down on the bleachers and I join him. Mike Dawson is one of the nicest people I've ever met and is only popular because he's one of the best players on the football team. Plus, he is good looking. He's still the most humble person I know. "What did you do this summer, man?" I ask him.

"I joined a small exchange programme and went to Germany. I learnt a little bit of German, which sounded intimidating at first but I like Europe. It's easy to get around. The culture is great, too." Mike says and I breathe out a sigh of relief because for the first time, someone isn't talking about girls or getting high or getting wasted.

"What about you?" Mike asks me.

I found my dad dead, I think but I don't say anything. "Nothing much. I spent a lot of time at dad's farm. Family time and stuff, you know. I also looked into a lot of universities. It's senior year, I want to think about life after this, you know what I mean?" I tell him. All of it is a complete lie. I spent the whole summer making out with Kelly and spending time with my family but I don't want to talk about my family and I don't want to talk about girls. I love girls. Girls are beautiful. I just don't want to objectify them like everyone else on the team does. If I was Cassidy, I would be asking if filing a restraining order against the football team would work.

"How's Sydney?" Mike asks.

"She's great. She's a freshman now. I kind of want her to stay a little girl forever." I tell him.

"Man, that's what little sisters do to you, don't they?" Mike says, chuckling. Before we could continue with our conversation, Jordan calls both of us to join them on the court to shoot some more before heading off to our next class.