Chapter Twenty-Four

Chris paced his living back and forth. It was amazing how fast things had turned around for him. Love never failed. God proved that time and again. His life with Lacey was just starting and he'd meant every single word he'd ever said to her. It was time.

Lacey had just called. She was on her way from Illinois, so he had plenty of time to pull himself together. Demetrius was still staying with him. He didn't have to go back to school until next week.

"Dude, you're giving me anxiety pacing like that." He looked up from his bowl of cereal

"Well, you're giving me anxiety eating a bowl of Lucky Charms like you're five, but you don't see me complaining." They both looked at each other and laughed

"What's wrong, though?"

"Nothing's wrong at all. I'm just about to make a decision that a lot of people won't agree with. But, it's like, when you know... you know."

"This is your call, man. You know what it means. Just know I've got your back."

"Thanks, man."

Chris paced a little further and then turned towards his bedroom. Inside the top drawer of his desk, he pulled out a small black box. Flipping it open, a square diamond sparked in the light. Along the inside band of his ring was the word FINDING and on the inside of her was engraved US. It symbolized them completely. Along this journey, they both called life, through the ups and downs, between the realms of fear and love, they were constantly doing this one thing. Finding their true selves. This was the time. God had always been there for them, granting them His peace throughout. He wouldn't fail them now. Chris smiled to himself and closed the box, slipping it into his pocket as he walked away.