Chapter 11

~~~A/N~~~

I know, it has been a LONG time since the last upload. I'm so sorry! Hopefully this chapter makes up for it! Just so I have some time for the next upload, I'll need 5 comments!

Rose’s POV

I looked at my parents in confusion. They were glaring at people across the room. I’ve never seen them so angry before. I tried to see what they were looking at, but there was a waiter in my way. “Um, Mom? Dad? Is there a problem?”

It took a minute, but finally mom turned back to me. “We’re leaving.”

Dad stood, pulling me up also. He took me outside as mom stayed to pay. But she was by our side again before we even reached the door. We were at the car when dad froze. He turned around slowly, and I swear I heard him growling.

“It will be foolish to take another step, William.” I turned to see a middle-aged man stop next to the door. “If Jonathan hears about this, you’ll start an unnecessary fight.”

The man laughed, a quick little noise, and he said quietly. “I should have known the Highlington family would be protecting her. Isn’t she in a relationship with his son?”

I barely understood what they were talking about, but I stiffened at the mention of the John. “We’re not together.” I said bitterly.

The man seemed to realize my presence for the first time. He smiled, leaning against the wall. “You look just like your mother.”

I glanced at mom, not understanding what he was talking about. I looked nothing like her. The man smiled and was about to say something, when I heard a familiar voice. “Father! There you are.” Sophie stepped outside, and her eyes went from her father to me and my family. “Hey, Rose.”

I was about to reply, when my dad stepped in front of me. Once again, I heard the strange growl. “How dare you speak to her, after all you’ve put this family through?”

Sophie’s face immediately turned serious. “I had nothing to do with that.”

My mom finally jumped in. “It doesn’t matter. We won’t allow Rosalina speak to your kind.” She said the last word as if they burned her mouth.

Sophie’s dad (I think they said his name was William?) stepped in front of Sophie. “At least we aren’t bloodsuckers. People don’t fear us.”

I saw Sophie turn to the door, and I watched as Luke came and joined his family. He smiled when he saw me, but it quickly dropped as he looked at his father. But his father glanced at Luke, and he turned back to mom, smirking. “You know, it will be pretty hard ignoring our kind when her mate is one of us.”

Luke’s POV

I finally got though the crowd of people, and I made it to the door. Once I opened it, I was immediately hit with the best smell ever. I looked to the front row of cars to see Rose standing there with who I assumed were her parents.

I smiled at Rose, only to have it drop when I caught my father’s eye. He turned back to them, smirking. “You know, it will be pretty hard ignoring our kind when her mate is one of us.” Her parents froze at my father’s words.

Her father was the first to snap out of it. “Rose, go ahead home. We’ll be right behind you.” She was about to complain, I just knew it, when he looked back at her. After a few seconds, she nodded, climbing into a 2011 VW Beetle, which had black, leather seats. I was so lucky. I had a beautiful mate, and she was a fan of nice, new cars. And the color of her car was almost the same color as my eyes.

When she was gone, they turned back to us, but before they said anything, my father laughed. “Nathaniel sets his beta and some random vampire as Rosalina’s guardians? Does she know you’re not her parents? She seemed pretty oblivious to me.”

“Don’t change the subject, William. What were you talking about when you said her mate was one of you?” The woman asked, scowling.

Father clapped his hand onto my shoulder. “Luke here met Rosalina just this morning. It’s obvious when you see the way they look at each other. And apparently, Rose isn’t dating that Prince anymore. So Luke has no competition. So no matter what you say or do, Gabriel, or you Sarah, you can’t get in their way.”

Sarah hissed, a sound that made my blood freeze, and she stepped back to a crappy looking car. “If we can’t do anything, certainly Jonathan or Nathaniel can. For when they find out, they’ll be murderous.” And with that happy thought, they got into their car, and drove off.