Chapter 25

Rose’s POV

As soon as Luke left, his father turned to me. “How long have you remembered?”

I was taken aback. “What do you mean?”

He slammed his fist down on the desk, making a bottle of pens fall over. I jumped back, suddenly fearing the Alpha in front of me. “Cut the act, Verbeck. You know what I’m talking about.”

I dropped my gaze. I knew that I wouldn’t be able to lie to him; he would easily see through it. “It was last night.” I whispered.

He sighed, suddenly looking very relieved. “What’s all that you remember?”

“I know about the fight between the shifters and the werewolves. I know about Sarah and Gabriel. Anything else I have to focus on to remember. Everything I’ve tried to remember so far has been easy to remember. But I keep seeing these three people who I can’t name.”

Alpha Kale suddenly looked very interested. “So you remember everything? With the exception of the three people, of course.”

I nodded hesitantly. “Yes. Why?”

He didn’t say anything for a moment, and his eyes ran down my body. “Then why don’t you act differently?” he asked quietly. It almost sounded like he was talking to himself.

“Why would I be acting differently?”

His eyes met mine again. “Rose, what year were you born in?” I was going to ask why, but he held up his hand. “Please just answer.”

I coughed, suddenly feeling uncomfortable. “I was born in 1993, sir.”

He nodded, looking away. “I thought it was more complicate than that.” he whispered as he ran his hand through his hair.

Before I could ask, the door burst open to reveal Luke. “Father, vampires have crossed the property line.”

Alpha Kale immediately stood up and hurried out of the room. Luke walked over to me, taking my hand. He pulled me along behind him as he left the study. When we reached the stairs, I stopped him. “Luke, where are we going?”

He looked down at me, looking panicked. “You have to stay with Soph. She’ll be able to keep you safe while my father and I talk to the Vampires.”

I instantly shook my head. “I’m coming with you.”

“Rose, there’s nothing you can do. You’ll be safer with Sophie.”

I crossed my arms. “Luke, we both know they’re here because of me. I have to come with you.”

He held my stare for a second, but finally he dropped his gaze. “Fine. But we’re not making any compromises with them.” I nodded, and he started walking the other way.

As we came to the front door, the grip Luke had on my hand tightened. He looked down, relaxing slightly when he saw my reassuring smile.

We were quickly separated by an extremely tall blonde. He held out his hand as Luke growled. He stepped to the side of the blond, scowling. “Rose, this is my oldest brother, Clark. Clark, move out of the way.”

Clark laughed, his eyes scanning my body. Feeling self-conscious, I looked to Luke. Luke growled again, and Clark held up his hands. “Calm down, lover boy. I just wanted to meet the lucky lady.” He winked at me, but thankfully Luke had his back to Clark.

The door opened, and Sophie walked through. “They’re right inside the woods. They want to speak to Luke.” She turned to us, looking apologetic.

Luke started to release my hand, but I stopped him. “I’m coming with you.”

He didn’t even fight with me this time. He sighed before walking past Sophie onto the front porch.

I could instantly tell there were twenty vampires in the woods. I don’t know how; I couldn’t see anything other than the trees. Before I could tell Luke, two people walked out, into the sunlight.

I froze when I saw John, but the person next to him had me gripping Luke’s hand tighter. It was the man I’ve been seeing in my mind’s eye, the one with the beautiful woman that I couldn’t seem to get out of my head.

He stepped closer when his eyes fell on me. He held out his arms with a small smile on his face. “My beautiful Rose.”

~~~A/N~~~

Sorry guys. I know it's not much. I promise I'll make the chapter longer next time. But I need 5 comments before I upload again!!!!!