Chapter 15

I lunged at him, knocking him to the ground, away from Rose. I could barely stop myself from shifting. I knew if I did, I wouldn’t stop myself from killing him. Which would cause a war between Vampires and Werewolves, and we REALLY didn’t need that right now.

A vicious growl rippled through my chest, and I grabbed his neck, squeezing slightly. “She’s mine. Go mess around with someone else.”

He coughed, trying to make me let go. After a minute, I finally released him. He stood up with a glare. It was obvious he was mad. “What do you mean, she’s yours? She’s been MY girlfriend for a year, and you just met her this morning! Who do you think you are? You have no right, trying to take her from me!”

I stood up, shaking violently. My wolf wasn’t about to let Rose go, and he wanted to teach John a lesson. I agreed with him, but I couldn’t kill him. Not yet, anyway.

I could vaguely hear Daniel calling my name, but I kept my eyes on John. I was about to snap at him again, when he froze. His eyes widened, and he looked between Rose and I. His expression quickly turned murderous. “How dare you?! You stupid wolves ruin everything!” he shouted, and if looks could kill, I would most definitely be 6 feet under.

He turned to Rose, and she took a step back from him. “And you! You came here to see him, didn’t you? You passed the border to see the cute, little Alpha! You were probably happy when I left today! Because, without me, you could go on a date with your new crush! How many people did you go on dates with behind my back? Yes, I heard about the date you scheduled for tomorrow. I can’t believe I ever went out with a slut like you.”

My heart broke as I watched Rose. She looked totally heart-broken, and her eyes swam with tears. She kept shaking her head, but when she opened her mouth, no sound came out. Sighing angrily, he turned and stormed away. I noticed Sophie had come to join us, and by the look on her face, she had heard every word. She ran to Rose, embracing her in her arms. Through the pack link, she whispered, *Rose never deserved this. Go make that bastard pay.*

I didn’t need to be told twice. I ran after John, ready to rip his head off for making my mate cry. It took a few minutes, but finally I found him. Without a sound, I watched the monster that used to be my friend.

After a few seconds, he turned to me. He had calmed down some, but he was still pretty mad. But I could see the regret in his eyes, and my wolf calmed down slightly. But only slightly.

After a few seconds, I broke the silence. “You went too far.”

He grunted, turning his back to me. “She deserved it.” he said quietly.

I shook my head, moving in front of him. He dropped his head, refusing to meet my gaze. “You had no right. You broke her heart when you left her earlier, and now you want her back?”

His head snapped up, and he scowled again. “No, I wanted her back. But now, I’m glad I left the bitch. ”

I sighed, wanting nothing more than to just wring his neck for being so stupid. “John, she loves you. She was always loyal to you.”

He shook his head, looking down again. “You don’t know that.”

“John, I’m her mate, and she still said no when I asked her out at the mall. If she rejects me, the one who was made for her and she loves from the first encounter, what makes you think she’ll say yes to someone else?” I asked. I could tell that got his attention.

“She’s your mate?” he asked, looking horrified. I nodded. He cursed, dropping his head into his hands. “I’m so stupid!” he yelled, punching the tree next to him. He looked up at me, saying, “I need to see her.”

I immediately shook my head. “I won’t allow that. You hurt her terrible with what you said, and I’m not going to give you the chance to have a repeat of that.”

I changed to my wolf, making my clothes shred into thousands of pieces. I didn’t spare them a glance as I ran back to the pack house. But as I was leaving, I heard John whisper, “I’m so sorry Rose.”