Chapter 6 - Everybody Freeze

• Dedicated to Adam West

Batman's P.O.V.

I run to the Batcave knowing if I don't hurry more people will die, I run down the stairs and to the the glass case that holds my suit and I take the necessary items to take Freeze down. I get into the Batmobile and speed down the streets of Gotham, I nearly crash into every car as I make my way down to the Gotham National Bank. The GCPD surrounds the frozen building ready with guns pointed at the enterance.

"I thought you would never show up"

"Gordon, any change in the casualties?" I ask Gordon nervously.

"At least 5 more *sigh*"

"I'am going in."

The building is frozen from the inside out making it snow over half of Gotham, I walk in the front door staying low to not be seen. I see 5 gunman and all the hostages on the ground, and statues holding the deceased. Its cold and I have to act fast before more people die cause I'am not quick enough, I easly take out two gunman by knocking their heads together and I empty their guns. I take out the other three with just a sweep of the leg letting their heads hit the ice floor, I help the hostages out of the building carring the ones who were on the brink of freezing to death.

GCPD officers take the five men into custody as I run back inside to find Freeze which was not hard, he was in the giant vault sitting on a throne of ice."Ah welcome Batman! Its about time I thought I had to kill more people to get your attention." he says in his robotic voice, proof that he has no emotions in his frozen heart. "I knew this was trap Freeze, so why am I here?"

"Why its quite simple Batman....REVENGE! ITS BECAUSE OF YOU MY SWEEY NORA IS DEAD!"

"You knew there was no chance of saving her Freeze! You only made her suffer even more by what you did to her!"

"SHUT UP! I WAS SO CLOSE TO SAVING HER BUT YOU STOPPED ME! PUTTING ME BACK IN ARKHAM TO ROT! WHEN I COULD BE SAVING HER!"

He turns a knob on his freeze ray and he pulls the trigger rapidly sending spikes of ice in my direction, I quilky dodge them. "YOU WILL PAY FOR THE DEATH OF MY NORA! YOU MUDERER!"

He charges at me and I turn to run to get him out of the vault, but as I run pain fills my left leg I look and find one of the ice spike half way through my leg letting my warm blood spill out. In all the exhilaration I didn't feel it, I still run out the vault ingnoring the pain and I close the vault. I know he can still get out so I take cover behind a desk, I break a part of the spike out which causes more bleeding(I know Alfred would kill me if he saw me do that.) I put snow to cover the bleeding and I rip my cape and tie it around my leg, and just in time Freeze charges through the fault door sending shards of ice across the room.

"You can't hide from me forever Batman! I will find you!" I run up behind him and jumping on his back trying to turn off his suit, I start pulling tubes out, Freeze grabs my cake throwing me across the room slamming my back into the ice wall.

"Today you die Batman!"

Since I'am at a distance I take this as my chance to take him out, I take a batarang and dip in the serum I grabbed from the cave. I carefully aim it at his glass helmet and I throw it. The sharpness of the batrang allows the the serum to infiltrate the glass leting the serum to spread shutting down his suit.

"No! No! I will.......get my....revenge!"

"Not today freeze"

I limp my out of the bank and I can feel more blood rushing out my leg, paramedics and news crews come after me but I quickly take my grapple and leave the scene. I'am so weak I collapse on the roof top and I call for the Batmobile to pick me up, I jump in setting it to auto pilot for the cave and I notify Alfred telling him to be ready for my leg and not just for the cold I caught.