Chapter 11 - The Reaper

Bruce's P.O.V.

With my bags ready I headed inside. If Kate's memories are right and her father's name is Werner...I know who to look for I told Alfred to give Kate an excuse for my absence, Alfred drove me to the airport and loaded my things on my private jet. I was in a hurry to get to Star City to get to the bottom of things, the two hour flight felt like ages and I finally arrived. Alfred made reservations for me at the most expensive hotel, I checked in and quickly got my bags unpacked and got down to business. I got suited up in my Batsuit, made sure the coast was clear and opened the window and grappled on to the roof of the hotel. I memorized the whole layout of the city on my jet, I new the hot spots of the scum I had questions for, I got a running start and soared from the roof using my cape. I landed on the roof of a busy night club and saw m for.

I opened the ventilation system and jumped in, crawling deeper into the club the music could bust my eardrums. I kicked opened open the grate and saw Chad Sours making a drug deal, I signaled the buyer to scram and made Sours' chair face me. "B...Batman w-what can I help you with?" he stammered "I have a few questions for you Sours, care to provide the answers?" I clutched the collar of his suit and held him against the wall. "I..I can do that for you I'm a real honest guy I swear it!" he said trying to free himself from my tight grip."Good, because im not a particular fan of liars." I threw him back in his chair, I saw his his finger go under the desk and immediately two men with guns busted through the door. I quickly knocked the guns from their hands and hit them unconscious, I locked the door and walked over to Sours grabbing his hand and breaking his index finger."This time it was a finger, and if you try something again its going to be a broken arm!" I grabbed him and smashed the small window using his head."You best start talking Sours!"

"Okay, just tell me what you want!" he said in a shaky voice."Count Werner Vertigo, you worked for him over a decade and I want his location!" "I....I don't know honest to God!" I pushed him out the window and now holding on to his leg, as his scream filled the air. "You know something so you better start talking, my arm is getting tired" "I DONT KNOW! BUT I KNOW WHO MIGHT!" he started shouting with tears and snot covering his face. "Joey Wyse is the guy! please but me down!" I pulled him in and put him on the floor."Tell me where to find him" I said while keeping my boot on his chest."He works the the prostitutes a few blocks down." With that information I climbed out the window making my way to the next interrogation, I jumped from roof top to roof top and I got to my destination.

In the alley I could see Wyse directing the traffic of his prostitutes, he walked down the alley and saw me and pulled out his gun and fired, I quickly stepped to the side and charged at him slamming his face into the pavement breaking his nose. I kept my foot pressed against his face to keep him in place."Vertigo. Connections. Now!" I screamed in his ears. "I don't talk so easy Bats!" he said as his own blood sprayed from his lips."Well how unfortunate for you" I picked him up and took him to the roof, I put him at the edge of the barley holding on to his shirt. "If you want to keep your lungs intact, I suggest you start talking." He glared at me and smiled."I know you won't kill me, so my lips are sealed!" I let got of him letting him fall on the fire escape afew feet below me, I jumped down landing on top him. "I suggest you unseal those lips... now!" a few short breaths later he was ready to talk. "Leticia Durley.... aka Reaper... she worked security for Vertigo." he said out of breathe, I grappled on to the next building over. I need to get back to my hotel to search on my laptop this Reaper character, as I was about to leave I heard someone behind me and I quickly reached into my belt throwing a batarang behind me, I turned around and saw Green Arrow with his bow knocked out of his hands.

Kate's P.O.V

I crouch by the door trying to catch stray words...

"Give Kate an excuse... something about...gone for a few days..."

Unfortunately I can't hear much between the combination of the thick door and their whispering then I hear Alfred's reply.

"Yes, master Bruce."

Well, that's my cue I think I as I quietly sprint off. I reach the stairs just as light floods the library and I am halfway up them by the time that light disappears.

I dive into my covers and swallow a pill to help slow my heart rate and just as I am settled the door opens. Through my eyelashes I can see Bruce staring at me before he softly shuts the door.

As soon as he leaves I jump out of bed and after creating a makeshift dummy to replace me in the bed with some clothes I bunker down in the walk-in closet to make a plan. I can't let him leave without me. Left alone here... with just an old butler and some random dude that I may or may not like just ain't gonna work. So I decide to follow him.

I start packing up some of my most essential clothes and items. My journal, the plant book, a small flashlight, a change of clothes, and then I toss it all into my favorite black backpack. I add a my favorite black hoodie, some black skinny jeans, and a pair of black combat boots then on the way out of the room I toss in a wad of cash, my meds, and then say goodbye to Rose's picture.

I sneak down to the garage and grab a pair of keys, this pair happens to go to a beautiful bright blue convertible, I drive down to the airport and luckily all of the cops seem to be to tired to chase after me. I leave the car in the woods and after camouflaging it a bit I set out to climb the fence. Just then a black car rolls up and I can tell by the silhouette in the window that it MUST be Bruce so I attach myself to the bottom of the car and we drive right in.

The car drives into the plane and Bruce leaves. I roll off and make myself comfortable in the back seat. This will be a long flight...

I wake up during landing to horrendous pain. It feels like someone has shoved a knife into my left ear and I feel like screaming or crying. I clutch at my ear and realize that I need to move I sneak into the trunk just as I hear people walk in... the pain gradually fades and I journal to keep myself distracted on something else as we move.When Bruce stops the car I sneak out and hide inside the hotel lobby. After he gets his room I go to the desk and get the room attached to his. I parrot off his credit card information and after they give me the key I grab a snack from the fridge before slipping onto the roof to observe the city. I didn't hear any movement from Bruce's room so I decided to browse his room, I climbed on to his balcony and picked the door open. Three big black suitcases were stacked on the floor, they were all number locked so I had no real chance of guessing whats inside.

I spent the next half hour going through his mini fridge since I cleared mine out, I heard footsteps coming real fast so I did the the walk in closet. I peaked out and saw Bruce walking across the room, shoot! His footsteps were coming near me so I went more deep in the closet, he opened the doors and I feared for the worst I covered my eyes. He closed the doors half way and didn't notice, I did a fist pump of fivtory! "Kate, get out of there NOW." He said with a VERY angry voice, with my head down I crawled out on all fours. I looked up and saw his super mad face."S..Surprise!?" I said weakly."I don't want to know how or why, but you are going home this instant!" He said looking down at me, I laid back on the floor looking at the ceiling and yelled."Party pooper!" His face was even more mad then before."You leave for Gotham in the morning."