Let's Start With Forever!

**Kevin's POV**

I heard the car pull in and quickly made my way behind the closed door of Lacey's room. It was almost night and the 'girl's day out' got extended to a dinner. Me and dad ate some noodles and toast before he got an urgent call. I heard some footsteps entering the house and I quickly texted mom,

K- I'm in Lacey's room with a surprise for her. Don't come up with her.

In a few seconds my phone buzzed.

Mom- Okay! I'll send her in a minute.

She knew about the plan. I told dad about it once I returned home after buying things and he told mom to have dinner outside so that I can have her for the rest of the time of the day.

I took a last look at the room. Ribbons, check. Candles, check. Lights, check. Heart pillows, check. Teddy bear, check. Background soft music, check.

Everything was in place. And my gift was in my back pocket. I quickly turned off the lights and stood behind the door making no noise.

I heard her footsteps against the floor. She stopped near the door for a while and opened it. She walked in and kept the bag in a corner before back around back and switching on the lights. As she turned, she was stunned.

Softly I closed the door without her noticing and stood right behind her. I took a silent breath before wrapping my arms around her waist. She squealed at first but then as she kept her delicate hands on mine, she knew it was me. She fell in my embrace.

"You like it?" I whispered, nibbling my nose against her left ear and kissing her soft spot.

"No!" I froze. "I loved it!" I chuckled.

"You know you gave a heart attack by saying no at first!"

She loosened my grip on her and turned in my arms wrapping hers around my neck.

"You deserve that much after giving me a breath taking surprise." She smiled and I leaned in to kiss her.

She kissed back and it started to deepen. The gift. I realised it was missing. I slowed the kissed and pulled away with a smile. Her face fell for a second but she covered it up with a smile.

"I have something for you!" I said.

"What?" Her eyes lightened.

"Close your eyes first and no peeking." I cannot do it with her eyes staring at me. I was shy as hell.

She first refused but then gave in. I pulled out the box and bent down on one knee. I took a deep breath and opened the box.

My heart was pounding at the speed of light. My chest was aching with it's fast beating. My hands were sweating and my mind was a mess.

"Open them now!" I said.

She opened with a smile. But soon it faded as she looked at the box. She stood froze.

"I, Kevin Walker, hereby propose you, Lacey McLaren, to be my girlfriend, for now, and wife for the near future and forever till our souls are alive. Will you do the honor of becoming my soulmate for life?"

To say she was shocked was an understatement. Her eyes were bulging out, her hands were shaking and tears dropped from her eyes.

I know it was too much to ask but c'mon, I've been after this girl almost for my entire freshman year. And now she was right here standing in front of me, living with me, so if I loose this chance, I would be called as a fool.

I gave her a minute to reply and after that she nodded her head so hard. It was a yes. IT WAS A YES!!!

She pulled her hand forward and I slipped the ring in her ring finger. As it fell in place, I looked up at her.