10 // Toxic

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠

FYI; Things are supposed to be confusing, they shouldn't make sense. It's not my writing style, or me forgetting things. It's all supposed to be this way. It will make more sense in the end, promise! X

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

Him

''Haven! Harry! Dinner is ready!''

Quickly she jumped away from me. ''Never do that again.'' She spoke, trying to sound confident, but I could hear her voice break at the first word she spoke. She walked around me and left the room, leaving me with my fists clenched together. Fuck.

I was so close, I almost kissed her and that fucking woman had to interrupt us at the only moment I would mind her interrupting. It would take me forever to get another chance like that again.

I had to stand there for a minute, trying to get my anger under control. I felt my eyes burning, painfully actually. I hated those black eyes, they always came unexpectedly. Sometimes I could expect them, like now. When I'm angry, they would show up.

Or when I'm shocked, or depressed. Lust is also a big game changer.

It's hard living a normal life when your eyes can turn pitch black in a second, but I guess I'm not meant to live a normal life.

Finally I felt the burning sensation stop, the strange view I had on things turned back to normal. Or how normal they could possibly get in my condition. Before I left the room I checked the mirror, to make sure the blackness had really disappeared.

Swiftly I jogged down the stairs, following soft whispers to the kitchen. When I entered the room, the voices died down. Gigi smiled at me, while Haven just looked down while she placed the last plates on the table. ''Haven and I will get the rest of the food, take a seat Harry.'' Gigi spoke, turning around and following Haven into the kitchen. I nodded, even though nobody saw, and sat down.

A few minutes later Haven and her grandmother returned. Gigi placed the last pan on the table, but Haven just stood there. With a pan in her hand, staring at me. ''You can't sit there.'' She suddenly spoke, putting the pan down on the table without a care. ''Stand up.''

''Haven, calm down.'' Gigi spoke, taking Haven's arm in her small hands. ''No, Gigi. He can't sit there.''

''It's fine.'' I quickly spoke, getting up. I wasn't aware of why Haven was acting like this, but Gigi clearly seemed worried. I didn't want to make it worse.

''It's not fine!'' Haven exclaimed, pulling away from Gigi before hurrying up the stairs. ''I-I. It's my fault, I put the plate there. I didn't pay attention.'' Gigi sighed, looking down at the napkin in her hand. ''Should I go talk to her?'' I softly asked, not sure how to act after all this had happened.

''I don't know, you can try.'' She looked up to me and gave me a reassuring smile, but I could see she was just as insecure about it. I simply nodded, turning around and walking up the stairs.

''Haven?'' I spoke, knocking on her closed bedroom door. I didn't get an answer. ''Haven? Can we talk? Please?'' I asked, almost begged. Which was definitely not what I was trying to do. After waiting a few minutes, asking again, waiting some more. I decided she was not going to agree to let me in. I groped the doorknob and pushed it down, slowly opening the door.

I entered the room, and it only took me a few seconds to realize she wasn't here. I scanned the room, the window was opened. The long pretty curtains moved because of the cool winter night. I stepped towards the window, pushing the curtains aside. There she was, on the roof. I saw her lightly shaking, because she had climbed up here without something warm.