Research

Alexander P.O.V

I woke up early that morning, exhausted from the night. I desperately needed a drink. I climbed out of bed and down the stairs into the kitchen. "Well good morning Sir. You are up rather early, breakfast is not quite done." Stated Edmund as I stepped into the dinning area. "Quite alright, I would much rather have a drink. Any luck on research?"

"Not quite yet, but I feel like I am getting close, I will run down into the cellar and get you a drink Sir."

"Thank you Edmund, grab extra, I feel quite out of myself."

"Will do Sir." Edmund turned and walked out of the room fetch me something to drink. "I brought up two bags, will that work Sir?" Asked Edmund as he handed me two blood bags. 

"This will do just fine." I pierced my fangs into the bag and began drinking. We didn't need blood on a everyday basis, but we did need it to survive. If you haven't guessed it already, I was a vampire. 

After a nice morning feeding I was feeling much more like myself. I went back upstairs and started getting ready for my shift at work. I was more excited for this shift then I have been any shift in my whole existence. She was going to be there, and the thought of her clouded my mind. As I was about to leave my house Edmund called for me from the study. "Yes Edmund." I said as I walked into the study. "Sir, you might want to read this." He said as he turned a large book my way. I walked over to the table and began reading.

Everything in this book explained everything, I was matched with Kyia, she was my soul mate. "How is this possible?" I asked Edmund.

"It's rare Sir but it can happen.  It has happened five other times before. Most vampires don't hear of it because they just turn the human and everything just falls into place."

"I can't do that Edmund, you know I can't turn people."

"Well she won't feel it Sir. Humans don't have the same pull like vampires do."

"She has to feel something or it wouldn't work Edmund."

"If you turn her Sir, she will."

"I can't do that! I won't turn someone who is not willing." I was becoming quite mad over the situation. After 5000 years of searching for a soulmate they just have to be human.

"Sir, you could always do it the old fashion way."

"Ask her out and hope she falls in love with me?" I said with a laugh/

"Yes, Sir." Edmund was right. I wasn't going to turn her so they only thing I could do was have her fall for me. If she actually is my soulmate it will happen eventually, I hope. I looked at the clock and realized I was thirty minutes late for my shift. "Shit! I'm late!" I grabbed my jacket and dashed out the door. 

When I got the the store I ran into the managers office. "Sorry mam that I'm late, I forgot to set my alarm and woke up late." I pleaded to the manager. 

"Oh that's fine Alex, don't worry about it." She leaned forward on her desk giving me a large view of her cleavage. I knew she had a thing for me and has been hoping that I would return it, but I never did. 

"Thanks mam." I said as I walked out of the office. I was only about thirty minutes late so it wasn't to bad. I walked back to clock in and to see what I was going for the day, inventory, great. I started walking to the supplies when I heard Josh and Sam talking. "Hey what are you guess talking about?" I asked.

"Josh wants me to invite the new girl to the party." Said Sam/

"Yea but Sam is a little bitch and won't do it because he thinks she is hot." Well good to know that Sam finds Kyia attractive.